MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-01-01, 10:35 AM)tazcom Wrote: [ -> ]It's not working for me.
I have to put it on the indextemplate.
Maby the custom themes I use cause the problem.
I use the themes: Fancyblack,Fantasyblue and (K)Underground.
On all these themes it's not possible to put it in the headertemplate.
not on headertemplate dude... put it on index,portal etc...
Let me ask you,dude....
Is there any reason why it's not working in the headertemplate like myshoutbox for example?
I don't use portal.
I only want the shoutbox on top of all pages.

But what I say before,it's not a big issue.
I like the shoutbox very much.
(2014-01-01, 08:14 PM)tazcom Wrote: [ -> ]Let me ask you,dude....
Is there any reason why it's not working in the headertemplate like myshoutbox for example?
I don't use portal.
I only want the shoutbox on top of all pages.

But what I say before,it's not a big issue.
I like the shoutbox very much.

Originally the shoutbox was only deployed in the index template. In the latest 1.1 update, I changed the template plugin hook to "global_end" so the shoutbox can be loaded from any template that is rendered after "global_end".

Off the top of my head, I am pretty sure that the header template is rendered before the global_end hook is called, which is why the shoutbox isn't displayed. I will look into it and fix it in the next update so that the shoutbox can be placed in that template as well.
Thanks Ectomatt for clearing this out.
Please PM me where I can get info about the ''Pro'' version.

And keep up the good work!!!!
Damn, this looks awesome, looks and functions a bit similar to inferno Big Grin
i just upload to my mybb root

and after that i login to my admin CP and go to section plugin to activate it

but i got error before i activate it

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in ......../public_html/inc/plugins/inferno/class_core.php on line 308
(2014-01-03, 04:52 AM)mylife Wrote: [ -> ]i just upload to my mybb root

and after that i login to my admin CP and go to section plugin to activate it

but i got error before i activate it

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in ......../public_html/inc/plugins/inferno/class_core.php on line 308

I don't know why there would be a syntax error, unless your server maybe removed line breaks in the file resulting in a comment line commenting out the rest of the script.

Try re-uploading that file again and overwrite the current one. If you're still getting an error, PM me.
Getting that constant "loading..." too.

TypeError: inferno.submit_shout is not a function index.php:1
(2014-01-03, 05:08 PM)p00lz Wrote: [ -> ]Getting that constant "loading..." too.

Make sure that all of the files are uploaded.
(2014-01-03, 05:12 PM)ectomatt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-03, 05:08 PM)p00lz Wrote: [ -> ]Getting that constant "loading..." too.

Make sure that all of the files are uploaded.

all the files in the archive http://mods.mybb.com/view/inferno-shoutbox-for-mybb have been uploaded to the correct places and chmod644

any button i press on it it says it's not a function.

after uninstalling i seem to have index.php?newshout=&postshout=Shout# appearing on every js button on my forum woops my bad on that one

edit; the archive works on it and shows the default messages, but it just keeps 'loading...' on the actual shoutbox