MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-09-11, 10:21 PM)ectomatt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-09, 07:44 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]@Clank, http://community.mybb.com/thread-158906.html
Make sure that all .php files in your package are saved in UTF-8 without BOM encoding.

(2014-09-09, 07:46 PM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-09, 07:44 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]@Clank, http://community.mybb.com/thread-158906.html
Make sure that all files in your package are saved in UTF-8 without BOM encoding.

Ah, I am not very knowledgeable on file encodings. Thanks for the help.

Much thanks to you two for providing support in this thread as well as Clank updating this to 1.8. One of the things I didn't like while making this was the fact that MyBB used some random js library (prototype?) instead of jQuery which is much easier to work IMO. I'm not quite sure what kind of updates MyBB 1.8 brings in terms of development. If I had more time I would think about re-doing the plugin with jQuery and getting it fully 1.8 compatible with no bugs and less sloppy code on my end. As long as we have a version now which will work on 1.8 we should be okay for a while.

Would you mind adding this to the mods site though? That's the one thing I didn't do.

Also, I've looked at the files, and it looks like they are all encoded correctly. The only thing that I can think of is maybe the file encoding is breaking when it copies the templates to the Mybb template system or something. I honestly don't know.
It may be also caused by many other things: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/80289...es#tab-top, like whitespaces before <?php or after ?>. Try looking in error log.
(2014-09-07, 05:10 PM)MrNerdy Wrote: [ -> ]@Clank
The shoutbox is now working.

But here are some Bugs:

When i activate the plugin then i will get this problem:

Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/webo/c3/24/54152924/htdocs/MyBB-fail/inc/plugins/inferno.php:172) (SunOS)

File:                   Line:      Function:

PHP                                errorHandler->error

/admin/index.php  53      header

When i turn the shoutbox off, the error is gone and my threads / logof system is working  again

Sincerely,

MrNerdy
Admin team NSGF

Okay, so I've done a bit of reading on what Destroy666 posted, and it looks like it might be a whitespace issue. Can you try erasing everything (including blank lines) after the closing bracket in this section of code in /inc/plugins/inferno.php

function dvd($str)

{
    die(var_dump($str));
}
^^Indeed, that fixed the mybb default captcha issue. Big Grin
very nice plugin if also have option for new post instead of new threads. gonna unistall stats/overview after that Big Grin
(2014-09-13, 02:55 PM)fakhrul Wrote: [ -> ]very nice plugin if also have option for new post instead of new threads. gonna unistall stats/overview after that Big Grin

Aren't they both options in the ACP?
(2014-09-13, 05:29 AM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]

But here are some Bugs:

Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/webo/c3/24/54152924/htdocs/MyBB-fail/inc/plugins/inferno.php:172) (SunOS)

When i turn the shoutbox off, the error is gone and my threads / logof system is working  again

Sincerely,

MrNerdy
Admin team NSGF

Okay, so I've done a bit of reading on what Destroy666 posted, and it looks like it might be a whitespace issue. Can you try erasing everything (including blank lines) after the closing bracket in this section of code in /inc/plugins/inferno.php

function dvd($str)

{
    die(var_dump($str));
}

I've done it, Mybb is not giving any error's and my logon system is working.
But now my shoutbox isn't showing up even when this {$inferno_shoutbox} is in my index.

Sincerely,

MrNerdy

@ clank,

Its fixed now, thanks to my Hosting provider

They upgraded the Templates / indexes. to work with the latest version of php.
They also upgraded the shoutbox plugin.....i do not know what they did.
(2014-09-14, 05:12 PM)MrNerdy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-13, 05:29 AM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]

But here are some Bugs:

Sincerely,

MrNerdy
Admin team NSGF

function dvd($str)

{
    die(var_dump($str));
}

I've done it, Mybb is not giving any error's and my logon system is working.
But now my shoutbox isn't showing up even when this {$inferno_shoutbox} is in my index.

Sincerely,

MrNerdy

@ clank,

Its fixed now, thanks to my Hosting provider

They upgraded the Templates / indexes. to work with the latest version of php.
They also upgraded the shoutbox plugin.....i do not know what they did.

Well, technically the SB is GPL3 (even though I need to figure out how to add that to all the source files), so you could just upload the files and I could perform a diff to see what changed. It's possible that they just grabbed the latest commit from my Github (which basically was that fix) and called it an upgrade.
[Image: rNGaMUv.png]

What happen?? still loading and can't shout Undecided 
i have updated inferno.js.php to This, and i have canged folder and files permission to 777, but the problem still can't be fixed.
(2014-09-15, 05:56 AM)owenks666 Wrote: [ -> ][Image: rNGaMUv.png]

What happen?? still loading and can't shout Undecided 
i have updated inferno.js.php to This, and i have canged folder and files permission to 777, but the problem still can't be fixed.

What does the web console say? Are you using Rocket-loader on Cloudflare?