MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-09-17, 03:43 PM)ShadowOne Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-16, 12:06 AM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-15, 11:13 PM)ShadowOne Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Clank, is it possible to restrict the usage of the PM system to certain usergroups only?

If not, then I believe it can be a good thing to be added Smile

Currently, there is no such option. I've been pretty busy with school and looking for a job lately, but I might look into adding it if I get bored, I don't think it would be very hard to do.

But hey, you're always free to add it yourself and send me a pull request.

Yeah I can guess the code that has to be added but don't have idea about where to add it Sad I'm looking for "shoutbox_pm" and "pm" inside the class core file but can't get how it works Sad

I believe I have to wait..

Around line 146

public function create_shout($uid, $shout, $me = 0, $pm = 0)

Personally, I'd add a check if the shout is a PM, then if it is, see if the usergroup is in an array containing the usergroups (which would be gotten from a setting in the ACP). If the user is, then continue, if not, then either silently fail it (not very pretty, but easy), return an error to the user, or something else.

(This is partially a note to my future self if I work on this later)
hi clank, love the work!

i have a few things i would like customized on the shoutbox please let me know how to do it -

1. i would like to disable the ability for people to edit their past messages
2. i would like to remove the 'date' section in the timestamp. eg [Today 06:31 AM], i would like to remove the 'Today' or 'Yesterday'
3. is it possible to add it to a custom sub page? in addition to the index page

otherwise it's working great, thanks!
got it working, awesome.

agree with last post on a couple things...
edit shouts should be for admin/moderators only. a way to set this would be great.
how to remove the date in timestamp.. or a way to edit how we'd like timestamp to display.

is there a way to show previews of the colors and fonts in the dropdown? if i add hexcodes, you can't really know what color it is unless you choose and test it.
can i add the shoutbox on other pages? how if so..

thanks so much for any help
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

(2015-09-24, 01:49 AM)rodrigo Wrote: [ -> ]got it working, awesome.

edit shouts should be for admin/moderators only. a way to set this would be great.
how to remove the date in timestamp.. or a way to edit how we'd like timestamp to display.

is there a way to show previews of the colors and fonts in the dropdown? if i add hexcodes, you can't really know what color it is unless you choose and test it.

How did you get it working ? i am getting the same problem you did
(2015-09-24, 04:59 AM)Chaotiic Wrote: [ -> ]vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

(2015-09-24, 01:49 AM)rodrigo Wrote: [ -> ]got it working, awesome.

How did you get it working ? i am getting the same problem you did

http://community.mybb.com/thread-149231-...pid1100105
Since MyBB has updatet, my shoutbox text area has become smaller.
Where can I make it bigger?

I already tried to edit the text area in the CSS file without succes:
.inferno_text {
max-width: 500px;
width: 90%;
height: 18px;
font-size:12px;
}

How it looks now:
http://i57.tinypic.com/2dmff34.png
you could try to add !important in the css : width: 90% !important;

Also, if you use Chrome, you can easily check the css, "live" edit to see what modification can improve the display... Use "Ctrl + Shift + I"
Did you actually uninstall and reinstall the shoutbox since you updated to Mybb 1.8? If so, then the css file is under the theme section in the ACP, not an actual file.
Keeps "loading", doesnt show's shouts.
Okay,
Re-upload the files, making sure you have the right version for your version of Mybb.
Disable any javascript accelerators such as rocketloader.
Make sure that anus.php is readable by the webserver if you have that turned on.
Make sure you aren't using free hosting as they disable shoutboxes.

If the above fails, PM me a login and URL that can access the shoutbox.