MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-12-28, 07:07 PM)melchor Wrote: [ -> ]thanks its working but theres one problem why it always loading and no shout showed?? is there any js script conflict?
[Image: hAXtzHb.png]
all my themes are same problem

I'm having this same issue. I see others have had it, it just started today out of nowhere.

Does anyone have a solution? All my files are uploaded correctly and permissions are set correctly.

Also, every time I try to enter a message it reloads my entire page. Not sure if that helps clarify what the problem could be.
(2014-05-12, 11:35 PM)Andrew Oneten Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-28, 07:07 PM)melchor Wrote: [ -> ]thanks its working but theres one problem why it always loading and no shout showed?? is there any js script conflict?
[Image: hAXtzHb.png]
all my themes are same problem

I'm having this same issue. I see others have had it, it just started today out of nowhere.

Does anyone have a solution? All my files are uploaded correctly and permissions are set correctly.

Also, every time I try to enter a message it reloads my entire page. Not sure if that helps clarify what the problem could be.

If you are using Cloudflare, Turn off Rocketloader. Had the same problem and solved it by doing that
(2014-05-13, 04:22 PM)p00lz Wrote: [ -> ]If you are using Cloudflare, Turn off Rocketloader. Had the same problem and solved it by doing that

Thanks man, that solved it.
Hi Dear Friend,

I simply install the Inferno Shout box on my forum
previously i used this on my vBulletin forum

I am facing issue,
i am able to see the shout-box on my default theme, but when i change the theme, then i am unable to see the shout-box

please help me how can i see the shout box on my all theme
(2014-05-13, 05:06 PM)~*PRINCE*~ Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Dear Friend,

I simply install the Inferno Shout box on my forum
previously i used this on my vBulletin forum

I am facing issue,
i am able to see the shout-box on my default theme, but when i change the theme, then i am unable to see the shout-box

please help me how can i see the shout box on my all theme

Go into Templates & Style > Templates

and put {$inferno_shoutbox} where you want it to show up in your template
Found a bug.
When somebody posts a thread it displays
*USERNAME has posted a new thread: THREADNAME*

If that threads initial post contains a poll it returns a page with "Thread already has poll!"

an example URL that it delivers is:
http://www.forumdomain.org/polls.php?action=newpoll&tid=4787&polloptions=2

all it needs to deliver is:
http://www.forumdomain.org/showthread.php?tid=4787
Open inc/plugins/inferno.php and find:
function inferno_newthread()
{
	global $mybb, $db, $settings, $url, $lang;

if ($settings['inferno_enabled'])
	{
		$inferno = inferno_init();
		$data = $mybb->input;
		$fid = $data['fid'];

if ($settings['inferno_thread_post'] && !in_array($fid, explode(',', $settings['inferno_thread_forums'])))
		{
			$link = '[url=' . $settings['bburl'] . '/' . $url . ']' . $db->escape_string($data['subject']) . '[/url]';
			$shout = $lang->sprintf($lang->isb_newthread, $link);
			$inferno->create_shout($mybb->user['uid'], $shout, true);
		}
	}
}
Replace with:
function inferno_newthread()
{
	global $mybb, $db, $settings, $lang, $tid;

if ($settings['inferno_enabled'])
	{
		$inferno = inferno_init();
		$data = $mybb->input;
		$fid = $data['fid'];

if ($settings['inferno_thread_post'] && !in_array($fid, explode(',', $settings['inferno_thread_forums'])))
		{
			$link = '[url=' . $settings['bburl'] . '/' get_thread_link($tid) . ']' . $db->escape_string($data['subject']) . '[/url]';
			$shout = $lang->sprintf($lang->isb_newthread, $link);
			$inferno->create_shout($mybb->user['uid'], $shout, true);
		}
	}
}

EDIT: thanks Puri for small correction.
this works good,
I also put {$inferno_shoutbox} at the bottom of the header template (puts it at the top of every page) , and deleted {$inferno_shoutbox} from the index template because I had the second shoutbox said loading all the time, and I did not need 2 shoutboxes in the index. the shoutbox is now on all the pages on my site.
It is possible to add emoticons from file? I dont want to have this emoticons on my mybb only on chat...
just discovered that people using avatars hosted offsite are linked in their shoutbox posts as http://<myforumurl>/http://<theirimageurl>, though onsite links work fine :/

Also, I applied the fixes to allow minimizing the shoutbox, but the option doesn't save over refresh
- ie, when users minimize the shoutbox and come back to the page it's open again, unlike all the other categories

any ideas on either issue?

edit: also a correction to destroy666's fix

$link = '' . $db->escape_string($data['subject']) . '';
should read
$link = ' . '/' . get_thread_link($tid) . ']' . $db->escape_string($data['subject']) . '';