MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im using this shoutbox, its the best for me, only have this problem with the display of the smileys
how do i change the Shoutbox Title color?

up for my inquiry..
I'm certainly using it and if nothing else, it's the only reasonably full-featured shoutbox on Mybb, especially on 1.8.

I recall some people asking about support for sound notifications at one point, so I gave in and made a patch for it.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-166303-...pid1136001

As noted in the post, I have no plans to add this to my version of it, since it's hackier than I would like (no way to detect when there's a new shout, so I have to rely on the ANUS system), but I figure I'd out it here in case someone wants to play with it and possibly figure out a better way to do this.
how do i change the Shoutbox Title color?
(2015-02-10, 05:16 AM)Steve 3.0 Wrote: [ -> ]how do i change the Shoutbox Title color?

Under the inferno_shoutbox template, change

<strong>
                    <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/infernoshout.php?action=archive" title="{inferno_shoutbox_title} Archive">{inferno_shoutbox_title}</a>
                </strong>

to

<strong>
                    <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/infernoshout.php?action=archive" title="{inferno_shoutbox_title} Archive" style="color: blue;" >{inferno_shoutbox_title}</a>
                </strong>

Change blue to whatever color you want.
(2015-01-27, 12:21 AM)ectomatt Wrote: [ -> ]How many people actually use this shoutbox still? I'm wondering if it's even worth the time investment to update it entirely and add new features

Still use it here, still (imo) better than the other public ones.
How do you edit the settings for this to where I can view it on the homepage?
(2015-02-14, 02:23 AM)Technologx Wrote: [ -> ]How do you edit the settings for this to where I can view it on the homepage?

Move the variable in the index template.
How do I write not to registered users but only administrators ?
(2015-02-16, 02:31 PM)Altorn Wrote: [ -> ]How do I write not to registered users but only administrators ?

Unfortunately that isn't possible in the current version of the shoutbox, but I understand such a feature is to be introduced in the update.

The closest you could come would be to simply PM each admin.