MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-06-04, 10:24 AM)FriendFX Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick question... are you guys using this with the latest version (1.6.13) of MyBB? I It doesn't work properly for me... if user A shouts something, it only appears in A's shoutbox. To become visible in B's shoutbox, B has to either shout something, clicks on the Active Users link and then back at the Shoutbox link, or reload the page. Then all previously written shouts appear in the correct order at B.

This happens the other way 'round as well: B's shouts are only seen by A once A does one of these things.

The transmission of messages from the browser to the database seems to work fine, as I see shouts immediately appear in the respective db table. Any suggestion what might be the problem here? Currently using Firefox v29.0 under Ubuntu to test.

EDIT 1:
Just did some more testing, and sometimes, it seems to work one-way (only user A to user B, but not B to A without A having to "refresh" somehow). Also, it stopped working entirely after the shoutbox had a few messages in them... not even A could see A's messages any more. Pruning the box helped (working at least half-way as described above), until there were again a number of messages...

Hmm, that sounds like an issue between the browser and server, are you using something like cloudflare or some sort of a caching service on the server? Cloud flare works find with just CDN, but not with some of the other things enabled.

Edit: Also, I am running 1.6.13, but I think it might just be an issue with something caching the SB requests. Also, you might try disabling ANUS, it probably won't fix it, but it might help.
@Clank: Thanks for your suggestion, disabling ANUS really helped! Seems to work fine now.
im having an issue...the shoutbox says loading...i tried all the stuff posted in this thread and none worked...i used the web council and it says

http://xxxxxxx.com/infernoshout.php [HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden 145ms]

any help would be appreciated.

thanks
You have no permissions to see this file or you have not uploaded propertly, verify all files are fine and in respective order of plugin structure, because that file have to stay on forum directory by default.

And then you have to check ir out about permissions on files, because many times is because you have some wrong data.
(2014-06-07, 04:32 PM)billyblaze Wrote: [ -> ]im having an issue...the shoutbox says loading...i tried all the stuff posted in this thread and none worked...i used the web council and it says

http://xxxxxxx.com/infernoshout.php [HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden 145ms]

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Basically the Apache process doesn't have permissions to read the file, thus it can't load the shouts. Try changing the file permissions so that Apache has permission to read the file.
thanks guys for the help...i set all the file permissions and the files are in the right place...but its says
shoutbox notice "something went wrong"

@Clank im on a free host...my site is not live...just setting it up.

cheers

BB
(2014-06-07, 08:37 PM)billyblaze Wrote: [ -> ]thanks guys for the help...i set all the file permissions and the files are in the right place...but its says

cheers

BB

Er, most free hosts do not allow chat software of any sort... I would double check the agreement to be sure that it is allowed.
(2014-06-07, 08:43 PM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-07, 08:37 PM)billyblaze Wrote: [ -> ]thanks guys for the help...i set all the file permissions and the files are in the right place...but its says

cheers

BB

Er, most free hosts do not allow chat software of any sort... I would double check the agreement to be sure that it is allowed.

yea i figured that out...lol bought hosting and moved the site and the shoutbox works fine...thanks for ur help.

BB
I have this mess:
[attachment=31737]

Means: the shouts don't stop at the end of the shoutbox,- and the box should so become scrollable - but go beyond it to the categories below.

I have made the width 300 and the shouts to be display 30.

Changing the width to a higher value, or reducing shouts to be shown, does not solve the problem, because if more shouts are posted, eventually they will again show outside the shoutbox area.

This issue is theme independent.

Can anyone help?
(2014-06-08, 07:29 PM)roi Wrote: [ -> ]I have this mess:

Means: the shouts don't stop at the end of the shoutbox,- and the box should so become scrollable - but go beyond it to the categories below.

I have made the width 300 and the shouts to be display 30.

Changing the width to a higher value, or reducing shouts to be shown, does not solve the problem, because if more shouts are posted, eventually they will again show outside the shoutbox area.

This issue is theme independent.

Can anyone help?
Either copy and paste the contests of /inc/plugins/inferno/inferno_style.CSS into each theme (I prefer that since I can change the css for each theme) or make sure that the file is readable.