MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-09-02, 03:54 AM)kingpit Wrote: [ -> ]im running 1.6.5 version sir.

Hmm, I'm not totally sure what the issue is then...

Does your browser console list any errors?

Do you have a .htaccess in the /inc or /inc/plugins folder that is denying access to any files?
(2014-09-02, 03:54 AM)kingpit Wrote: [ -> ]im running 1.6.5 version sir.

Using Cloudflare?  Turn off rocketloader
to solve the problem sir.. i just unsinstall the plug in..
Alright, so I didn't know any Javascript as of a week ago, but I think this is what needs to be changed for it to work on Mybb 1.8 (note, it will not work on 1.6)

https://github.com/mp3259/Inferno-Shoutbox/pull/3/files

Does anyone want to test out the changes to see if I missed anything
Is it so hard to update this to 1.8? My forum is still on 1.6 iam waiting for this plugin to move on with the upgrade :/
(2014-09-04, 11:55 AM)hissen7 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it so hard to update this to 1.8? My forum is still on 1.6 iam waiting for this plugin to move on with the upgrade :/

You wanna test this out when you run the test upgrade? Replace the inferno.js.php with https://github.com/TechyZeldaNerd/Infern...rno.js.php (just copy/paste). It works for me on 1.8 (there are a  few minor bugs, but nothing functionality breaking (like the collapse is broken)

Keep in mind that this isn't an official fix by the author and thus it isn't officially supported and there may be bugs. I'll try to help out if I can, but I can't guarantee I can fix any issues.
Works but some parts wont, some user on my forum use this modded file and chat works, only i see change of font and color wont be available, but another opts appear to work, thanks in advance for this file.
(2014-09-04, 09:39 PM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]Works but some parts wont, some user on my forum use this modded file and chat works, only i see change of font and color wont be available, but another opts appear to work, thanks in advance for this file.

Thank you for pointing that out. To fix that, on line 346 (or somewhere around there) replace

s = Object.toJSON(s);

with

s = JSON.stringify(s);

This has some issues with older browsers, but anything relatively new should work fine.

(this has been updated in the file linked previously)

Please let me know if you find any other issues.
Yeahp if i found some other thing i report here, thanks for your work, right now i want to fix this and report anything if i found it.

By the way i use everytime Mozilla Firefox and have the latest released version
I really hope a 0.4 version comes out totally compatible with MyBB 1.8!