MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-10-27, 07:31 PM)k1R@ Wrote: [ -> ]But i hope it doesn't require the latest php versions then.

Yeah, I'm still using PHP 5.3.28 on my shared server. I think my provider won't install php 5.4.x or 5.5,x before July 2015.
Hey for the some reason the chat is going out of the box and extending into the forums. Anyone know why?
(2014-10-30, 12:22 AM)EternalJesus Wrote: [ -> ]Hey for the some reason the chat is going out of the box and extending into the forums. Anyone know why?

Check in your theme stylesheets, you should have one called inferno.css (or rather it sounds like you don't). Either uninstall the plugin and reinstall it (which would dump the archive of shouts) or manually add a stylesheets called inferno.css containing the contents of /inc/plugins/inferno/inferno_style.css
(2014-10-30, 12:22 AM)EternalJesus Wrote: [ -> ]Hey for the some reason the chat is going out of the box and extending into the forums. Anyone know why?
I guess it's not well optimised for 1.8.x series
(2014-10-30, 01:41 PM)jpninside Wrote: [ -> ]
I guess it's not well optimised for 1.8.x series

The shoutbox works fine on MyBB 1.8.x, the issue with that is that the CSS for the shoutbox wasn't properly inserted in the theme.
A question ectomatt.

Will the new version remove old shouts/current shouts from the shoutbox when we upgrade?
Inferno Shoutbox on 1.6 was already very good: smilies in chat, news from forum, PM system, fonts / colours / etc in the text. Only it was a little heavy Big Grin In the awstats the first result was from infernoshout.php.

But very good, the best chat, you can't only convert it to 1.8, with only basic features and then with calm you'll think to new features?
(2014-10-30, 07:19 PM)k1R@ Wrote: [ -> ]A question ectomatt.

Will the new version remove old shouts/current shouts from the shoutbox when we upgrade?

Most likely not, as the shoutbox messages aren't meant to be any kind of permanent type of data. Maybe I will consider it but redoing the entire thing is enough to manage right now. I will definitely make some kind of script to convert shouts from lesser shoutboxes once mine is released for 1.8
Alright. Smile
I'm really excited to see that you're going to update your own plugin for MyBB 1.8.x, but when will you do that?