MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to change the color of the default text in Inferno Shoutbox? the original grey is VERY hard to see on my forums
http://prntscr.com/3nvxu4

I've looked and looked but havn't had any luck.
I've just started using this shoutbox and it looks great! I would also like to request automatic pruning as stated in the first page. Still hasn't been added and I think it would be useful. Toungue

(2013-12-26, 02:33 PM)ectomatt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-26, 02:30 PM)Zenk Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
Looks pretty good. Some questions + suggestions:
  • All the language output is hardcoded, I'd love to translate it, but what if you update the plugin? I will have to translate it again. Hopefully you can add a language file Smile
  • Can you add automatic pruning, eg. after a week prune all message apart from the last 30?

Hi Zenk, these are both great suggestions and will both be added in the next release. Thanks!
One bug ive noticed is if you want to minimize the shout box - you cannot.

However if you minimize the first forum category, instead of minimizing that category it minimizes the shoutbox. Any ideas what to edit and how to edit the file to solve this?
(2014-05-30, 01:24 AM)Mattox Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to change the color of the default text in Inferno Shoutbox? the original grey is VERY hard to see on my forums
http://prntscr.com/3nvxu4

I've looked and looked but havn't had any luck.

In the /inc/plugins/inferno/inferno_style.css file there should be a block that looks like
.inferno_content {
	padding-left: 5px;
	word-wrap:break-word;
	margin-right:10px;
	margin-bottom:20px;
	margin-top:5px;
	color: #3e3e3e;
	overflow: auto;
}

Change the #3e3e3e to whatever color you wish to be the default color, unless I'm mistaken that should change the default color.

(2014-06-01, 11:57 AM)Dean0bi Wrote: [ -> ]One bug ive noticed is if you want to minimize the shout box - you cannot.

However if you minimize the first forum category, instead of minimizing that category it minimizes the shoutbox. Any ideas what to edit and how to edit the file to solve this?

Did you try the fix I posted here?
The changes mean, I can now minimize the shoutbox and open it by its minimizer

However...

I still cannot minimize the first proper forum category below it. The first proper forum category minimizer instead minimizes/opens the shoutbox as well.
(2014-06-03, 07:30 PM)Dean0bi Wrote: [ -> ]The changes mean, I can now minimize the shoutbox and open it by its minimizer

However...

I still cannot minimize the first proper forum category below it. The first proper forum category minimizer instead minimizes/opens the shoutbox as well.

Hmm, that's probably because the first forum also uses "1", what happens if you use a different number?(also, i'm sure there's a proper fix, I just don't know it)
(2014-06-03, 08:43 PM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-03, 07:30 PM)Dean0bi Wrote: [ -> ]The changes mean, I can now minimize the shoutbox and open it by its minimizer

However...

Hmm, that's probably because the first forum also uses "1", what happens if you use a different number?(also, i'm sure there's a proper fix, I just don't know it)

Will turning the shoutbox category to 0 work? Maybe I'll try that.

Yep it works, yet to see any problems with turning cat_1 to cat_0 so I'll let you now. But for the timebeing its working now.
(2014-06-04, 08:56 AM)Dean0bi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-03, 08:43 PM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]

However...

Will turning the shoutbox category to 0 work? Maybe I'll try that.

Yep it works, yet to see any problems with turning cat_1 to cat_0 so I'll let you now. But for the timebeing its working now.

Hmm, glad it works for you, I'll keep that in mind.
Just a quick question... are you guys using this with the latest version (1.6.13) of MyBB? I It doesn't work properly for me... if user A shouts something, it only appears in A's shoutbox. To become visible in B's shoutbox, B has to either shout something, clicks on the Active Users link and then back at the Shoutbox link, or reload the page. Then all previously written shouts appear in the correct order at B.

This happens the other way 'round as well: B's shouts are only seen by A once A does one of these things.

The transmission of messages from the browser to the database seems to work fine, as I see shouts immediately appear in the respective db table. Any suggestion what might be the problem here? Currently using Firefox v29.0 under Ubuntu to test.

EDIT 1:
Just did some more testing, and sometimes, it seems to work one-way (only user A to user B, but not B to A without A having to "refresh" somehow). Also, it stopped working entirely after the shoutbox had a few messages in them... not even A could see A's messages any more. Pruning the box helped (working at least half-way as described above), until there were again a number of messages...
(2014-06-04, 10:24 AM)FriendFX Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick question... are you guys using this with the latest version (1.6.13) of MyBB? I It doesn't work properly for me... if user A shouts something, it only appears in A's shoutbox. To become visible in B's shoutbox, B has to either shout something, clicks on the Active Users link and then back at the Shoutbox link, or reload the page. Then all previously written shouts appear in the correct order at B.

This happens the other way 'round as well: B's shouts are only seen by A once A does one of these things.

The transmission of messages from the browser to the database seems to work fine, as I see shouts immediately appear in the respective db table. Any suggestion what might be the problem here? Currently using Firefox v29.0 under Ubuntu to test.

Not quite sure what you are saying. I am running it fine on 1.6.13 currently.