MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That helped. Thanks!
is there a way to add multiple chatboxs?
(2014-06-09, 05:41 PM)Gamersupload Wrote: [ -> ]is there a way to add multiple chatboxs?

No, that feature hasn't been implemented yet.
(2014-06-09, 05:42 PM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-09, 05:41 PM)Gamersupload Wrote: [ -> ]is there a way to add multiple chatboxs?

Ah so NextGenUpdate probably recoded this Shoutbox
(2014-06-09, 05:44 PM)Gamersupload Wrote: [ -> ]

This shout box was actually written by ectomatt from scratch.
(2014-06-09, 05:49 PM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]

I was a member on nextgenupdate for a while, years ago, which is how I got to be familiar with the inferno shoutbox. It was the best shoutbox for vB which is what inspired me to make it for mybb.

I haven't been active with this plugin in quite a while, maybe I'll work on it some more this summer. I know you are a fan of the shoutbox so could you come up with a list of things you'd like me to address?
(2014-06-10, 08:13 PM)ectomatt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-09, 05:49 PM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]

I was a member on nextgenupdate for a while, years ago, which is how I got to be familiar with the inferno shoutbox. It was the best shoutbox for vB which is what inspired me to make it for mybb.

I haven't been active with this plugin in quite a while, maybe I'll work on it some more this summer. I know you are a fan of the shoutbox so could you come up with a list of things you'd like me to address?

Sure, sorry for taking so long, I've been busy with school.

1. I changed the following code so that it posts a shout when someone posts in a thread, I piggybacked off of the new thread setting, but I suppose some people might only want shouts on new threads
function inferno_newpost()
{
	global $mybb, $db, $settings, $post, $lang, $thread, $url;
	$counter = (int) $settings['inferno_newpost'];
	$posts = (int) $mybb->user['postnum'] + 1;

if ($settings['inferno_enabled'] && $counter)
	{
		$inferno = inferno_init();

if ($posts % $counter == 0)
		{
			$inferno->create_shout($mybb->user['uid'], $lang->sprintf($lang->isb_newpost, $posts), true);
		}
	}

if ($settings['inferno_enabled'])
	{
		$inferno = inferno_init();
		$data = $mybb->input;
		$fid = $thread['fid'];

if ($settings['inferno_thread_post'] && !in_array($fid, explode(',', $settings['inferno_thread_forums'])))
		{
			$link = '[url=' . $settings['bburl'] . '/' . $url . ']' . $db->escape_string($thread['subject']) . '[/url]';
			$shout = $lang->sprintf($lang->isb_newpost_shout, $link);
			$inferno->create_shout($mybb->user['uid'], $shout, true);
		}
	}
}
And I added this to the language file
$l['isb_newpost_shout']			= 'has posted in {1}';

2. More descriptive error messages would be helpful, I know people were having a lot of trouble with file permissions, so maybe something to point them in the right direction.

3. I know several people have requested pruning, I am personally don't really care, but I suppose a automatic pruning shouldn't be too hard to implement.

4. Apparently this is a thing, might want to fix it http://community.mybb.com/thread-149231-...pid1075413

5. The shoutbox template has this typo which prevents it from collapsing http://community.mybb.com/thread-149231-...pid1066712

Mostly bug-fixes, but it's all I can think of right now. Thanks again for this nice piece of software (Also, please forgive my PHP skills, I am kind-of learning it as I go)

Edit: Forgot $url...
Hello,
first, thanks for the hardwork, this forum saves me a lot of time since almost all problems are listed here but, i have a problem.

My inferno Shoutbox is displaying a wrong hour:

[Today 08:30] Willy : testing

That time is not correct since my local time is 09:30...the rest of the forum is correct, except the Inferno Shoutbox. Hope you can give me some light here.

Regards,
Guillermo

As an update, my server time is gmt+1 ( im from Spain ) and the entire myBB site time is correct except the Inferno Shoutbox time.

Regards,
Guillermo
(2014-06-17, 07:31 AM)gmellado Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
first, thanks for the hardwork, this forum saves me a lot of time since almost all problems are listed here but, i have a problem.

My inferno Shoutbox is displaying a wrong hour:

[Today 08:30] Willy : testing

That time is not correct since my local time is 09:30...the rest of the forum is correct, except the Inferno Shoutbox. Hope you can give me some light here.

Regards,
Guillermo

As an update, my server time is gmt+1 ( im from Spain ) and the entire myBB site time is correct except the Inferno Shoutbox time.

Regards,
Guillermo

This worked for me (I'd had this issue, but been to lazy to fix it). In /inc/plugins/inferno/class_core.php there is a line of code.

$row['timestamp'] .= ' ' . my_date($this->settings['timeformat'], $unixtime, $this->mybb->user['timezone']);

I replaced it with this and it seems to work fine.

$row['timestamp'] .= ' ' . my_date($this->settings['timeformat'], $unixtime);

I'm not positive that this will work given the time differences, but I think it should.
Thanks a lot!!! that solved my problem