MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-02-11, 05:52 PM)iMage Wrote: [ -> ]This is an awesome Shoutbox. And from reading there is great support.

I was wondering if there was a way to make this responsive to mobile devices?

Here is what I did to look good on mobile:
Leave the text box and shout button on the top, place the clear button, smileys, B, u, i one line under, and the size, and font under the texts (bottom of chatbox). 
It will be sized perfectly on mobiles, but you might wanna use a responsive theme aswell.

@Clank do you know how to fix this:
When I change text colour or add any other customisation to text, it wouldn't just apply to the next text but affects all the texts in the shoutbox (even existing ones) from the same user. Any way I can fix that?
Need information on where to edit so that guest could see shoutbox too
I have tried everything I could think of, as well as all the suggestions here and on other forums. I've rebuilt the cache, removed code from the headerinclude, re-installed plugin library, as well as Inferno (from Github). Nothing seems ot be working, it just says loading and refreshes when I try to shout. If you want to take a look click here, the user is test and the password is Password9876@

Update: The shoutbox works perfectly on the mobile version of my site, as well as other themes. But it was working on my current theme yesterday ( I haven't edited it), but for some reason it only displays loading now.
I am having the exact same problem as above. Any ideas on how to solve it?
Do not work on the 1.8 version?
So sad this shoutbox isn't updated anymore... It was my favorite Sad

Guess I will move to DVZ even if Inferno was the best imo.
Inferno is and remains the best shoutbox I've ever used for MyBB.

I really wish somebody will take care of it. Would consider paying out of my own pocket for this.
(2017-06-15, 07:50 AM)ShadowOne Wrote: [ -> ]Inferno is and remains the best shoutbox I've ever used for MyBB.

I really wish somebody will take care of it. Would consider paying out of my own pocket for this.

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you like it so much. There were a lot of plans that I had for this shoutbox, but it was a labor of love and when you lose interest in a project like that it's very very hard to want to continue working on it for nothing. Even when people offer to pay for it to be done, it's just not worth it because of the large amount of time it would take.
(2017-06-16, 09:06 PM)ectomatt Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you like it so much. There were a lot of plans that I had for this shoutbox, but it was a labor of love and when you lose interest in a project like that it's very very hard to want to continue working on it for nothing. Even when people offer to pay for it to be done, it's just not worth it because of the large amount of time it would take.

I understand but still, if this was maintained it'd be a diamond plugin for MyBB Sad
Anyway, I hope you're having luck with whatever project you have inside your hands at this time