MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thinking about taking this concept and making some extras.

1 - Opening a shoutbox "Room" by admins only at specific periods. (i.e. to chat during a game)
2 - At end of session the shoutbox data can be imported into a thread and replies become replies to thread

- Why do I want these features?
Fundamentally I think that a shoutbox or chat and a forum are two conflicting scripts, a chat detracts from forum interaction and takes content from your site, but is a nice feature. Mostly people want to chat during a game as my site is about a sport, so looking at making it available during the game times, and turning it off after the game, once that switch is flicked the existing data is pushed to the forum and cleared out of the shoutbox
The time and date format doesn't match that of my forum, how do i change that?
(2014-07-05, 06:11 PM)Dean0bi Wrote: [ -> ]The time and date format doesn't match that of my forum, how do i change that?

What do you mean by this? Is the clock offset by an hour or do you just not like the formatting?
Is there a way to have this open in a new window rather than on top of the forum to operate more like a chat?
(2014-07-05, 06:19 PM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-05, 06:11 PM)Dean0bi Wrote: [ -> ]The time and date format doesn't match that of my forum, how do i change that?

What do you mean by this? Is the clock offset by an hour or do you just not like the formatting?

The clock is offset by 1 hour.
(2014-06-29, 04:42 PM)ectomatt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-29, 12:43 PM)jason_lbg Wrote: [ -> ]This is brilliant. I like this shoutbox so much more than the other one I was using. The features and customization are amazing.

One thing I'd like to suggest/request... I love that there's a post when a new thread is created, how about a post when there's a reply to a thread?

Thank you so much.

Glad to hear you like it. Clank has made the addition you're looking for here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-149231-...pid1080459

Awesome, I'll go take a peek at that as soon as I've got some time to work it into the current code and all that.

Another suggestion I'd like to make is perhaps a way to name colors when you add them instead of having the hex numbers show up in the menu... not sure how that's possible as I know next to nothing about coding but it would clean things up a bit. Instead of seeing (as an example from our site) "#80d890 Earthbound Mint" in the drop down, you could just replace it with the name "Earthbound Mint". Maybe a little tagger thing that would replace the code with whatever's in quotes or brackets or something? I dunno.
It just keeps saying "Something went wrong..."
Any changes I make to inferno_shoutbox do not show up, anyone have any solution? I tried multiple browsers and PC's.
^ this might help ..
(2014-07-08, 07:54 AM)RVNsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]It just keeps saying "Something went wrong..."

Something went wrong.