MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:/say username; hello test shout

not work..

That command works fine with me..
not on my side.. dont know why
getting this error after deactivating, uninstalling, and ftping all the new files.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/cars79/public_html/forum/inc/plugins/inferno/class_core.php on line 308

any idea why?
(2014-01-09, 08:53 PM)Jump1979man Wrote: [ -> ]getting this error after deactivating, uninstalling, and ftping all the new files.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/cars79/public_html/forum/inc/plugins/inferno/class_core.php on line 308

any idea why?
refer to this post..

http://community.mybb.com/thread-149231-...pid1056024
I have php version 5.2.17

The original shoutbox worked, this one does not.

He said he was going to modify the code to work in this new update so I'm just wondering if he did or not.

Thanks for heading me in the right direction.
(2014-01-09, 09:29 PM)Jump1979man Wrote: [ -> ]I have php version 5.2.17
The original shoutbox worked, this one does not.

What is the problem exactly?

If you're getting the syntax error have you tried this fix? http://community.mybb.com/thread-149231-...pid1056024
Great support ectomatt...
Have you seen my message about the Pro-version?
Please PM where I can find this.

Question: Is there a solution to get this on the headertemplate?

Keep up the good work.
i can't wait the 1.2 update...
(2014-01-10, 10:15 AM)tazcom Wrote: [ -> ]Great support ectomatt...
Have you seen my message about the Pro-version?
Please PM where I can find this.

Question: Is there a solution to get this on the headertemplate?

Keep up the good work.

The pro version is in development right now. The shoutbox will be able to be placed virtually anywhere next update.
(2014-01-07, 10:04 PM)ectomatt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-07, 08:49 PM)jaj271 Wrote: [ -> ]hey ectomatt sorry to bug you but i am getting a error could you please help

When i goto my admin panel throught the admin i get this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/a9440223/public_html/inc/plugins/inferno/class_core.php on line 308

i looked at the code and i dont know what is wrong

note this code is from 302 to 314

public function strip_mycode($string)
{
$disallowed = explode(',', $this->settings['inferno_banned_mycode']);

foreach ($disallowed as $code)
{
$string = preg_replace_callback('#(\[' . $code . '(?:.*?)\](.*?)\[\/' . $code . '\])#', function($matches) {
return empty($matches[2]) ? '.' : $matches[2];
}, $string);
}

return $string;
}

What is the problem? Sad

Thanks jaj271

Hi. After researching, I believe that this error is occurring because your version of PHP on your server is less than or equal to version 5.2. Could you please post your PHP version to confirm/deny my suspicion? Regardless, I will modify the code to work for earlier versions in the next update. Thanks

My issue appears to be the same as this, however I was wondering if you updated the code like you said or not?

btw, I made the code change and it shows up now.