MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
while appreciating the efforts of the work, here are a couple of issues

* deletion of individual messages not available

* style properties are not much useful. the buttons are not for styling messages on fly
- but applied for all the messages by the user - it is very annoying feature!

And private messaging between two users (one to one chat) appears to be not available in the lite version
(2013-12-26, 04:01 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]while appreciating the efforts of the work, here are a couple of issues

* deletion of individual messages not available

* style properties are not much useful. the buttons are not for styling messages on fly
- but applied for all the messages by the user - it is very annoying feature!

And private messaging between two users (one to one chat) appears to be not available in the lite version

You can delete an individual shout by double clicking that shout in the shoutbox. This will bring up the edit shout panel.

You can start a private message chat by clicking a user's name in the shoutbox. It will start a private chat tab. alternatively you can PM them in the main shoutbox by typing /pm [username or userid]; [message]

As for the issue you have with the style properties, each user's style properties is applied to all of their shouts. This is how it was in the original shoutbox this one is based off of.
^ oh, Thank You for clearing the referred issues
Plugin looks good and I look forward to trying to find any bugs/vulnerabilities and hopefully help you improve in future updates.

Also, is their any feature for adding a shout each time a new thread is added?
(2013-12-28, 03:24 AM)v3nd3tta Wrote: [ -> ]Plugin looks good and I look forward to trying to find any bugs/vulnerabilities and hopefully help you improve in future updates.

Also, is their any feature for adding a shout each time a new thread is added?

That feature will be included in the next update.
I may have to give this a try.
can you make it everywhere you want the shoutbox to show... i want to put it on portal instead of index...
Nice shoutbox, is there a way to make the text bigger in the shoutbox?
^ @ JonathanP, you can modify required style properties in ./inc/plugins/inferno/inferno_style.css stylesheet
or you can also add required style properties at the bottom of the theme's global.css to override the used style
.inferno_content  {font-size: 14px;}
(2013-12-28, 01:48 PM)melchor Wrote: [ -> ]can you make it everywhere you want the shoutbox to show... i want to put it on portal instead of index...

Thanks for the suggestion, I will add that functionality in the next update.