MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-09-17, 08:33 PM)Superkiller67 Wrote: [ -> ]http://gyazo.com/966206da02a6d25165ac8ef4eb3feaf7

It looks like you are using Mybb 1.6. If you are, then you need to use the older version of the shoutbox, http://mods.mybb.com/view/inferno-shoutbox-for-mybb
im using mybb 1.8
(2014-09-17, 09:36 PM)Superkiller67 Wrote: [ -> ]im using mybb 1.8

Hmm, I'm not sure what to say. It looks like jQuery isn't being loaded, but it's required in MyBB 1.8.

Have you checked for updated templates and stuff? Does this work on a new theme (you would have to manually add the {inferno_shoutbox} variable to your new theme.
I see it in my template for the theme.

I got it on my default theme, but not on my theme i want to use
(2014-09-17, 09:51 PM)Superkiller67 Wrote: [ -> ]I see it in my template for the theme.

I got it on my default theme, but not on my theme i want to use

The theme you want to use is a MyBB 1.6 theme and will have to be rewritten for MyBB 1.8. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
not a problem i just removed the theme and got a better one thanks for the help.
So I've implemented the fixed Clank came up with and, unfortunately my shoutbox is still stuck on Loading...

I opened up the console and have this...

==========
Uncaught ReferenceError: Ajax is not defined

==========

Any idea on what a trendy, handsome, jet setting guy like myself can do to fix this?
(2014-09-19, 03:27 AM)jason_lbg Wrote: [ -> ]So I've implemented the fixed Clank came up with and, unfortunately my shoutbox is still stuck on Loading...

==========

==========

Any idea on what a trendy, handsome, jet setting guy like myself can do to fix this?

That means it is loading the old javascript. Are you sure you copied the right files? Did you try a browser refresh (Ctrl-F5)? Do you have CloudFlare (or similar) for your site? If you have CloudFlare, turn development mode on and see if that works.
(2014-09-19, 03:29 AM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-19, 03:27 AM)jason_lbg Wrote: [ -> ]So I've implemented the fixed Clank came up with and, unfortunately my shoutbox is still stuck on Loading...

==========

==========

That means it is loading the old javascript. Are you sure you copied the right files? Did you try a browser refresh (Ctrl-F5)? Do you have CloudFlare (or similar) for your site? If you have CloudFlare, turn development mode on and see if that works.

Yeah I'm pretty sure. I downloaded the stuff you linked to, made the changes then uploaded it as per your instructions.

As for the ctrl+f5 business, I tried that and got nothing new there.

As for cloudflare, I checked into that and we didn't even have it turned on.
(2014-09-19, 03:34 AM)jason_lbg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-19, 03:29 AM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]

==========

==========

Yeah I'm pretty sure. I downloaded the stuff you linked to, made the changes then uploaded it as per your instructions.

As for the ctrl+f5 business, I tried that and got nothing new there.

As for cloudflare, I checked into that and we didn't even have it turned on.

Hmm, well something is caching the old javascript... I'm not sure what it would be. Do you want to PM me your site URL and a test login so that I can look into it more?