MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got this error. Please help. Mybb 1.8. I followed the instructions below

Warning [2] require_once(global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/infernoshout.php PHP 5.4.45 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/infernoshout.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/infernoshout.php 11 require_once
/admin/modules/config/plugins.php 518 require_once
/admin/index.php 597 require

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'global.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php') in /home1/username/public_html/mysite.net/inc/plugins/infernoshout.php on line 1

(2014-09-06, 08:15 PM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so I'm a big fan of this plugin and use it on my own site, but as many of you know, it doesn't work on Mybb 1.8. I took this opportunity to share my changes and implemented bugfixes for the plugin (it is open source after all).

Instructions;

1. Grab a copy of https://github.com/frostschutz/MyBB-PluginLibrary (it must be from here since this includes an important fix) or use PluginLibrary version 13 or later (which isn't released as of writing this)
2. Change the compatibility of the PluginLibrary line from 16* to 18*, then upload it to your site.

3. Uninstall your old copy of Inferno Shoutbox, if you had it installed
4. Upload my copy from: https://github.com/TechyZeldaNerd/The-In...box-of-Din and install it. (Direct download)
5. Enjoy and please report any bugs that you find.

Here's a short list of what I fixed,

--Fixed Bugs--
Collapsing issue
The shoutbox can now be used anywhere with custom templates (thanks to the Mybb team for adding a global_intermediate hook)
Fix for the new thread shout being wrong when a poll was posted (thanks Destroy666)
Fix so that the shoutbox will use the display group instead of the primary for styling usernames (again, thanks Destroy666)
Fix for the time being off set by an hour with daylight savings time (I don't recall who this was, but thanks)

--Thanks to all who reported bugs and especially to those who helped with solutions.

--Known issues--
Since I set it to strip slashes, it will strip any "\" from the shouts. This was done to fix an issue with thread titles that include quotes. If anyone knows of a proper way to fix this, I would appreciate some help.
Because I changed the way CSS and settings are handled, a clean install is necessary to reap all the benefits of the update. I'm not sure if there's a way to do this otherwise, but again, I wouldn't mind some help if there is.

--New features--
CSS is now handled by the Mybb theme manager, so each theme has its own inferno.css
There is now an option to post a shout when someone posts in a thread.
The shoutbox now works on Mybb 1.8 (and only Mybb 1.8)

Disclaimer: I have minimal knowledge of PHP and Javascript, most of which have come from tinkering with this plugin, so I very well may have mad some mistakes, but to the best of my knowledge, the plugin works fine.
^ check again locations of the plugin files - infernoshout.php file should be at the root (main) folder of your MyBB files server
Thank you. I moved infernoshout.php to the main folder of mybb. Its now at public_html/mysite.net and still got this error

Warning [2] require_once(./global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/shoutbox.php PHP 5.4.45 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/shoutbox.php 5 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/shoutbox.php 5 require_once
/admin/modules/config/plugins.php 518 require_once
/admin/index.php 597 require

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required './global.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php') in /home1/myusername/public_html/mysite.net/inc/plugins/shoutbox.php on line 5
The shoutbox.php file also needs to be in the same location
Thank you. I moved them both and the errors are gone now. My problem now is i can't see the plugin. It's not in the plugins, configuration or settings. I cant see any inferno plugin.

Can anyone help me? Is it already installed?
(2016-04-25, 01:53 PM)positivehighnewbie Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. I moved them both and the errors are gone now. My problem now is i can't see the plugin. It's not in the plugins, configuration or settings. I cant see any inferno plugin.

Can anyone help me? Is it already installed?

Good grief man. Do you even follow instructions when installing something or do you just throw everything on your server randomly and hope it works?

There is a reason the zip file is structured the way it is. It sounds like the plugin file isn't in the plugins folder if it's not showing in your plugin list. Follow the instructions.
You are right. I tried to extract it again and looked for the inferno.php file that needed to be in the plugins folder. I got it. thanks

Is it possible that even not registered user can participate in the chatroom? I think i need that feature Smile

Please help. Help me to able guest users to chat.

Around how much would it cost if i requested the feature that non-registered users may join the chatroom?
Just installed it.. but keeps saying "loading..." and cannot be used Sad
(2016-05-07, 07:04 PM)ShadowOne Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed it.. but keeps saying "loading..." and cannot be used Sad

same for me...was working before but since maybe a week or so seems to be brokeĀ  Huh
(2016-05-09, 03:18 PM)MrNiitriiX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-07, 07:04 PM)ShadowOne Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed it.. but keeps saying "loading..." and cannot be used Sad

same for me...was working before but since maybe a week or so seems to be brokeĀ  Huh

Damn, was such a good shoutbox Sad