MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-03-05, 10:32 PM)Cloverlea Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if this has already been asked but is there a way to hide shoutbox from a user group?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, just add the user group to the banned user groups under the configuration.
its been 4 days but mybb team still not validating the plugin
(2014-03-06, 09:49 AM)melchor Wrote: [ -> ]its been 4 days but mybb team still not validating the plugin

Yea, shame on them..
Shame on us for what reason? We do approve them quite quickly now I might say.
I don't think they approve of your badly-timed shaming antics. Toungue
Hey, I had a question, how hard would it be to implement a soft-delete feature(kind-of like they are adding in Mybb 2.0).

I don't actually personally need it, but it would be helpful for larger forums if they have a troll who constantly deletes their shouts or something.

Yeah, I don't actually know how useful that would be, just a random thought.
I am definitely interested in replacing the current shoutbox that I use on my site with this one. But there is one issue I'm facing that is a roadblock. Any edits I make to the inferno_shoutbox template do not show up. Any edits to the other templates do show up.

I did try going into my database and applying a test edit to the original template (the sid -2 template), and that showed up immediately. It would seem that for some reason the plugin is continuing to read the original template, rather than the one for the given theme generated when a custom edit is made. At least on my forums.

Another thing I noticed when I was taking a quick look at the plugin to see if I could troubleshoot the issue was that the ANUS system appears to be handled by writing a UNIX timestamp to a file, then opening that file later to read it. I'd like to suggest that you consider using the MyBB cache instead. You could use something like $cache->update('inferno_anus', TIME_NOW) on the update_anus function, which would create a cache called inferno_anus. Then you could use $cache->read('inferno_anus') to read the timestamp later. On the default MyBB cache method (which uses the database), as I understand it, all caches are fetched in a single query the first time $cache->read is called on a page, and then any subsequent $cache->read calls are read from that single query. Since $cache->read is called on just about every standard MyBB page at some point, this means that using the system you wouldn't normally even generate an extra database query, and reading from that should be faster than reading from a file. Just a thought anyway. Smile
(2014-03-07, 08:14 AM)Tanweth Wrote: [ -> ]I am definitely interested in replacing the current shoutbox that I use on my site with this one. But there is one issue I'm facing that is a roadblock. Any edits I make to the inferno_shoutbox template do not show up. Any edits to the other templates do show up.

I did try going into my database and applying a test edit to the original template (the sid -2 template), and that showed up immediately. It would seem that for some reason the plugin is continuing to read the original template, rather than the one for the given theme generated when a custom edit is made. At least on my forums.

The plugin only reads from the original template when installing. Every time the page loads it uses the $templates->get() method. I don't know what to tell you if you're having errors updating templates from the ACP because my plugin does not affect that.

(2014-03-07, 08:14 AM)Tanweth Wrote: [ -> ]Another thing I noticed when I was taking a quick look at the plugin to see if I could troubleshoot the issue was that the ANUS system appears to be handled by writing a UNIX timestamp to a file, then opening that file later to read it. I'd like to suggest that you consider using the MyBB cache instead. You could use something like $cache->update('inferno_anus', TIME_NOW) on the update_anus function, which would create a cache called inferno_anus. Then you could use $cache->read('inferno_anus') to read the timestamp later. On the default MyBB cache method (which uses the database), as I understand it, all caches are fetched in a single query the first time $cache->read is called on a page, and then any subsequent $cache->read calls are read from that single query. Since $cache->read is called on just about every standard MyBB page at some point, this means that using the system you wouldn't normally even generate an extra database query, and reading from that should be faster than reading from a file. Just a thought anyway. Smile

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll read into this more in the next update
I'll try to see if I can test it more and isolate the issue. I asked because it is only in this plugin and only that template where I have encountered the issue.
The scroller doesnt auto scroll down with the ASC order..
Oh, and is it possible to have the avatars in the middle?

Feature Requests:
  • Ability to post images (you can post images atm but if you post a big image then the whole chatbox goes weird)
  • Ability to check PM'S w/o clicking on the persons name
  • Archive button (srsly, where is it? Big Grin)
  • Private Channels

Great job so far with the plugin though!

PS. Sorry mybb team Heart