MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-08-07, 03:07 AM)inertia0 Wrote: [ -> ]hi clank, i've just installed your copy and have a slight problem - once enabled it just says 'Loading...' in the message area, if i try to send a shout it will reload the page but nothing else happens.

please assist, thanks!

The only potential problem that I am seeing is that the inferno.js.php has some odd code (php variables) at the beginning, but that doesn't affect anything on my end.

Would you either copy/paste your browser log or PM me a login that can access the shoutbox?
Hi clank

Thanks for you review, I think I've made it work by disabling all other plugins and using the version you provided... will have to go back and check which are the conflicting scripts but the shoutbox is working now!

Thanks
(2015-08-07, 08:26 AM)inertia0 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi clank

Thanks for you review, I think I've made it work by disabling all other plugins and using the version you provided... will have to go back and check which are the conflicting scripts but the shoutbox is working now!

Thanks

Okay, go ahead and let me know if you figure out what went wrong. I might be able to fix conflicts, but I'm not really sure.
Thanks your git version works nicely with 1.85
Great plugin, @Clank thank you for all the updates!
(2015-08-07, 08:31 AM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks

Okay, go ahead and let me know if you figure out what went wrong. I might be able to fix conflicts, but I'm not really sure.

for me it says loading then Shoutbox Notice: Something went wrong...

unusable at the moment...sad face
(2015-09-15, 01:00 AM)rodrigo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-07, 08:31 AM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks

for me it says loading then Shoutbox Notice: Something went wrong...

unusable at the moment...sad face

Okay, unfortunately the person who wrote the shoutbox didn't write the best error messages and I haven't cleaned them up yet (maybe a project for someday, I've been busy with school lately).

Does the browser log have any useful information?
If you can't find anything, can you PM me a link to your site with a username and password (just need one that can access the shoutbox), it looks like it's an error loading a file. It's possible there are some errors in the PHP log that would be useful, possibly in the access log as well.

Before you try that, I'd try re-uploading the files, it's always possible that a file didn't upload correctly.
Hi Clank, is it possible to restrict the usage of the PM system to certain usergroups only?

If not, then I believe it can be a good thing to be added Smile
(2015-09-15, 11:13 PM)ShadowOne Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Clank, is it possible to restrict the usage of the PM system to certain usergroups only?

Currently, there is no such option. I've been pretty busy with school and looking for a job lately, but I might look into adding it if I get bored, I don't think it would be very hard to do.

But hey, you're always free to add it yourself and send me a pull request.
(2015-09-16, 12:06 AM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-15, 11:13 PM)ShadowOne Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Clank, is it possible to restrict the usage of the PM system to certain usergroups only?

Currently, there is no such option. I've been pretty busy with school and looking for a job lately, but I might look into adding it if I get bored, I don't think it would be very hard to do.

But hey, you're always free to add it yourself and send me a pull request.

Yeah I can guess the code that has to be added but don't have idea about where to add it Sad I'm looking for "shoutbox_pm" and "pm" inside the class core file but can't get how it works Sad

I believe I have to wait..