MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Clank

I was waiting for you to say that. That's the first thing i did before posting on this thread for help. That didn't help me either i changed it to a white hex color but didn't take affect. It's still showing as the same color?

- adz
(2014-09-07, 08:35 AM)Adzdon Wrote: [ -> ]@Clank

I was waiting for you to say that. That's the first thing i did before posting on this thread for help. That didn't help me either i changed it to a white hex color but didn't take affect. It's still showing as the same color?

- adz

Are you using Cloudflare or any type of CDN? They like to cache css and javascript files. If so, then just turn the CDN off (for cloudflare it's development mode), then turn it back on.

You probably did already, but did you try a clean reload (Ctrl-F5)?

If you want to create a test account for me to use on your site, I can take a look and see if I can figure out what's going on.
Indeed I'm using CloudFlare, and now the problem is solved.

Thank you very much Big Grin
BTW another question, how do i add it to my footer instead of my header?
(2014-09-07, 08:46 AM)Adzdon Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed I'm using CloudFlare, and now the problem is solved.

Thank you very much Big Grin
BTW another question, how do i add it to my footer instead of my header?

Ah, I use it as well, it confused me for quite a while when I first encountered it.

I can't check right now, but can't you delete the {inferno_shoutbox} variable from your index template and either move it lower in the index template or move it to your footer template (only put it in the footer template if you want it on every page).
@Clank
The shoutbox is now working.

But here are some Bugs:

When i activate the plugin then i will get this problem:

Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/webo/c3/24/54152924/htdocs/MyBB-fail/inc/plugins/inferno.php:172) (SunOS)

File: Line: Function:

PHP errorHandler->error

/admin/index.php 53 header

When i turn the shoutbox off, the error is gone and my threads / logof system is working again

Sincerely,

MrNerdy
Admin team NSGF
(2014-09-07, 05:10 PM)MrNerdy Wrote: [ -> ]@Clank
The shoutbox is now working.

But here are some Bugs:

When i activate the plugin then i will get this problem:

Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/webo/c3/24/54152924/htdocs/MyBB-fail/inc/plugins/inferno.php:172) (SunOS)

File:                   Line:      Function:

PHP                                errorHandler->error

/admin/index.php  53      header

When i turn the shoutbox off, the error is gone and my threads / logof system is working  again

Sincerely,

MrNerdy
Admin team NSGF

That looks like a conflict of some sort, as the line it refers to doesn't actually exist. I haven't the slightest clue what is going on there. It looks like only a PHP warning though, so it shouldn't be fatal, but I don't really know. You'd have to ask someone who understands PHP.

Sorry about that.
Hey clank,

there is one issue with your version. If you use the plugin, then it removes the capatcha image on register. Any idea how to fix this or you may look at this. Thank you Wink
(2014-09-08, 07:52 PM)k1R@ Wrote: [ -> ]Hey clank,

there is one issue with your version. If you use the plugin, then it removes the capatcha image on register. Any idea how to fix this or you may look at this. Thank you Wink

I'll check into it more later(I've got class now), but I haven't the slightest clue what could be causing that.

--

So, I've looked at it and honestly don't know what you are referring to.

I went ahead and wiped my (test) install of Mybb and the image is missing from that as well (assuming MyBB Default CAPTCHA is what you are referring to) , so I'm not really sure what is going on. I tested it with reCAPTCHA and that works fine.

Does the registration work with the shoutbox disabled?
(2014-09-06, 08:15 PM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so I'm a big fan of this plugin and use it on my own site, but as many of you know, it doesn't work on Mybb 1.8. I took this opportunity to share my changes and implemented bugfixes for the plugin (it is open source after all).

Instructions;

1. Grab a copy of https://github.com/frostschutz/MyBB-PluginLibrary (it must be from here since this includes an important fix) or use PluginLibrary version 13 or later (which isn't released as of writing this)
2. Change the compatibility of the PluginLibrary line from 16* to 18*, then upload it to your site.

3. Uninstall your old copy of Inferno Shoutbox, if you had it installed
4. Upload my copy from: https://github.com/TechyZeldaNerd/The-In...box-of-Din and install it.
5. Enjoy and please report any bugs that you find.

Here's a short list of what I fixed,

--Fixed Bugs--
Collapsing issue
The shoutbox can now be used anywhere with custom templates (thanks to the Mybb team for adding a global_intermediate hook)
Fix for the new thread shout being wrong when a poll was posted (thanks Destroy666)
Fix so that the shoutbox will use the display group instead of the primary for styling usernames (again, thanks Destroy666)
Fix for the time being off set by an hour with daylight savings time (I don't recall who this was, but thanks)

--Thanks to all who reported bugs and especially to those who helped with solutions.

--Known issues--
Since I set it to strip slashes, it will strip any "\" from the shouts. This was done to fix an issue with thread titles that include quotes. If anyone knows of a proper way to fix this, I would appreciate some help.
Because I changed the way CSS and settings are handled, a clean install is necessary to reap all the benefits of the update. I'm not sure if there's a way to do this otherwise, but again, I wouldn't mind some help if there is.

--New features--
CSS is now handled by the Mybb theme manager, so each theme has its own inferno.css
There is now an option to post a shout when someone posts in a thread.
The shoutbox now works on Mybb 1.8 (and only Mybb 1.8)

Disclaimer: I have minimal knowledge of PHP and Javascript, most of which have come from tinkering with this plugin, so I very well may have mad some mistakes, but to the best of my knowledge, the plugin works fine.

Thanks for releasing this, working fine - our members can once again shout Big Grin
(2014-09-08, 11:26 PM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-08, 07:52 PM)k1R@ Wrote: [ -> ]Hey clank,

I'll check into it more later(I've got class now), but I haven't the slightest clue what could be causing that.

--

So, I've looked at it and honestly don't know what you are referring to.

I went ahead and wiped my (test) install of Mybb and the image is missing from that as well (assuming MyBB Default CAPTCHA is what you are referring to) , so I'm not really sure what is going on. I tested it with reCAPTCHA and that works fine.

Does the registration work with the shoutbox disabled?
When the plugin is disabled, all works fine. When its activated,  then  the mybb default captcha doesnt show up, as you say. I tried with recaptcha too and it worked this way. But still, maybe you can ask someone how to fix that, because many people would get confused about that. Ty.