MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have a clue why it won't work for me?

http://prntscr.com/799ijj

This is what it says.
(2015-05-25, 05:18 PM)LukeSet Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have a clue why it won't work for me?

http://prntscr.com/799ijj

This is what it says.

Either turn off the Advanced Network Updating System or chmod anus.php so that it is writable by your webserver.
Hello

I have few users who are experiencing a strange problem with the shoutbox ... All there shouts appears twice.

Any idea how to fix this ?
(2015-05-25, 06:41 PM)Goose Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

I have few users who are experiencing a strange problem with the shoutbox ... All there shouts appears twice.

Any idea how to fix this ?

If it isn't reproducable, then it's probably just a poor network connection. If you can get me an environment where it always happens (such as on Firefox version whatever, or a version of Chrome), then I can look into it at some point.
It's linked to specific user, but append in different environnement...

He have the same issue at home and in office. Both are using Chrome. It's systematic, for all his shouts.
Also, he appears twice in 'active users'.

I've tested to connect with his account, and then same thing it posted twice. So it's not linked to the environnement (I have no issue with my own account), but to the MyBB user account.

Also, I did check with MySQL, his shouts are only one time in the database, not twice.

So it's on the "display" part that there is an issue.

After some mysql research, I found that the users who have there shout displayed twice apears twice un infer_user table.

I manually remove the second entry. Also found 2 other users who where twice in that table.

Don't know how this append...
(2015-05-26, 05:50 AM)Goose Wrote: [ -> ]It's linked to specific user, but append in different environnement...

He have the same issue at home and in office. Both are using Chrome. It's systematic, for all his shouts.
Also, he appears twice in 'active users'.

I've tested to connect with his account, and then same thing it posted twice. So it's not linked to the environnement (I have no issue with my own account), but to the MyBB user account.

Also, I did check with MySQL, his shouts are only one time in the database, not twice.

So it's on the "display" part that there is an issue.

After some mysql research, I found that the users who have there shout displayed twice apears twice un infer_user table.

I manually remove the second entry. Also found 2 other users who where twice in that table.

Don't know how this append...

I don't really know either. If it only happens with the popup-shoutbox code I PMed you, it could be related to that, but I can't imagine why.
I have many slow queries comming from Inferno shoutbox.

Exemple :

# Query_time: 24.644171 Lock_time: 0.000156 Rows_sent: 50 Rows_examined: 19533
SET timestamp=1433322734;
SELECT s.*, u.*
FROM mybb_inferno_shout s
LEFT JOIN mybb_inferno_user u
ON s.uid = u.uid

WHERE
(
(
(s.private = '0')
OR
(s.private = '25904')
OR
(s.private != '0' AND s.uid = '25904')
)
AND
(
(u.silenced = '0')
OR
(u.silenced = '1' AND u.uid = '25904')
)
)
ORDER BY s.sid DESC
LIMIT 50;

If I can't find a way to optimize this I'll have to move to another shoutbox.
(2015-06-03, 09:31 AM)Goose Wrote: [ -> ]I have many slow queries comming from Inferno shoutbox.

Exemple :

# Query_time: 24.644171  Lock_time: 0.000156 Rows_sent: 50  Rows_examined: 19533
SET timestamp=1433322734;
SELECT s.*, u.*
                       FROM mybb_inferno_shout s
                       LEFT JOIN mybb_inferno_user u
                       ON s.uid = u.uid

WHERE
                       (
                               (
                                       (s.private = '0')
                                       OR
                                       (s.private = '25904')
                                       OR
                                       (s.private != '0' AND s.uid = '25904')
                               )
                               AND
                               (
                                       (u.silenced = '0')
                                       OR
                                       (u.silenced = '1' AND u.uid = '25904')
                               )
                       )
                       ORDER BY s.sid DESC
                       LIMIT 50;

If I can't find a way to optimize this I'll have to move to another shoutbox.

I'm no expert with MySQL, but without losing functionality, I'm not sure it can be optimized. Clearing the shoutbox might help, though I'm running a shoutbox with ~5k shouts and have no issues at all (though, I am running it on my own hardware and on a rather small site).
Being that you appear to have ~20k shouts, it might just be the size of the table is getting your server down.

To test that, you could copy the "mybb_inferno_shout" table and then delete its contents, or if you don't care about a backup, you could just run the /prune command in the shoutbox to delete all the shouts.
I think I did fix the issue by adding an index on uid for each tables (users & shouts).

I used mysql EXPLAIN, it showned that there was no index used for those 2 queries. With an index on uid, index is now used.
Beatiful. Good work in this shoutbox.