MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-12-28, 10:27 PM)ectomatt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-28, 09:13 PM)Jump1979man Wrote: [ -> ]When I double click a shout, I cannot get it to DELETE....any help?

Actually, I cant get it to even post a shout or edit either.

Open your web console and try to double click/post a shout and see if it gives you an error. if it does, post it in this thread.

I think it had to do with something not working right in Internet Explorer at my work. I got home and tried it in Chrome and it works fine. Thanks.

How would I get this to show at the bottom of my forum, above the forum statistics instead of the top?

I believe the NON-parsing of url's is not working.

Could there also be more permissions applied? I see you have to be registered to see the shoutbox but Im thinking like min post count to use it or even more options.
(2013-12-29, 12:59 AM)Jump1979man Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-28, 10:27 PM)ectomatt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-28, 09:13 PM)Jump1979man Wrote: [ -> ]When I double click a shout, I cannot get it to DELETE....any help?

Actually, I cant get it to even post a shout or edit either.

Open your web console and try to double click/post a shout and see if it gives you an error. if it does, post it in this thread.

I think it had to do with something not working right in Internet Explorer at my work. I got home and tried it in Chrome and it works fine. Thanks.

How would I get this to show at the bottom of my forum, above the forum statistics instead of the top?

I believe the NON-parsing of url's is not working.

Could there also be more permissions applied? I see you have to be registered to see the shoutbox but Im thinking like min post count to use it or even more options.

From debugging in Internet Explorer I can see that it's refreshing because the .trim() function isn't supported by IE. that fix should be easy enough.

To move the shoutbox to the bottom of the forum, move the {$inferno_shoutbox} variable in the index template to where you want it to be shown. http://i.imgur.com/Lm3lP6j.png

You are right, the non parsing of URLs feature isn't working ATM. I'll have to check and fix that.

I will add a "minimum post count to see the shoutbox" setting in the next update. Thanks for the suggestion.
can you add top chatters within that day?
Just a few more things so far....

Not that it matters but the button to collapse the window for the shoutbox does not work. Might be by design but thought I would let you know.

Also, how difficult would it be to have the colored text and font be changed just for the current shout you are posting instead of changing the whole history of your posts? I think just being able to change the current shout to different colors and fonts would be better.

One last thing, after I moved the shoutbox to after the forums will the auto uninstall work for when you put out updates or will I have to manually edit the template now that the {$inferno_shoutbox} is not in the default location you placed it?

Thanks,
^ @ Jump1979man

you can modify code in inferno_shoutbox template to fix the expand & collapse functionality
see the guidance at Adding Collapse Buttons to Any Table (by effone). infernosb can be used as the unique_id

you can use regular MyCodes for the messages. see MyCode guidance if required

if you have changed the location of the code then you have to manually modify the templates
For some reason, all my members have to manually refresh to see a new shout.
(2013-12-29, 11:25 PM)JonathanP Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason, all my members have to manually refresh to see a new shout.
just disabled the ANUS option on settings...

hello sir this is my personal request if its possible Smile

1. Top chatters within that day, weeks and months
2. Chatter avatar beside of username

thanks hope its possible...
(2013-12-29, 11:25 PM)JonathanP Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason, all my members have to manually refresh to see a new shout.

Please open your web console and try to use the shoutbox and post any errors you receive in this thread, otherwise I cannot figure out the issue.

(2013-12-30, 01:03 AM)melchor Wrote: [ -> ]hello sir this is my personal request if its possible Smile
1. Top chatters within that day, weeks and months
2. Chatter avatar beside of username
thanks hope its possible...

I plan on adding a top shouters listing in one of the future updates.

As far as the avatars next to shouts, I can't think of a way to do that without the shoutbox looking awful. That wasn't in the classic inferno, and I think I'm going to keep it out of this one.
/say command is not working too sir
(2013-12-29, 12:09 AM)melchor Wrote: [ -> ]did anyone has a solution on this?
[Image: hAXtzHb.png]

I am also having this problem.

Chrome dev tools does show an error, but because it refreshes the page it clears is. Trying to find a way to capture.