MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The download link is just text? Or am i not seeing something
(2014-09-21, 07:51 PM)velosofy Wrote: [ -> ]The download link is just text? Or am i not seeing something

Do you want it for 1.6 or 1.8?

The 1.6 download is here http://mods.mybb.com/view/inferno-shoutbox-for-mybb

The 1.8 download is here http://community.mybb.com/thread-149231-...pid1100105
Its working perdectly for 1.8
Nice shoutbox..
Yeah nice plugin, but I've got couple questions. Is it possible that during auto-refresh user would not be bumped to  newest message? For users it's annoying when they want to scroll up to see recent messages and after 5sec they are bumped to chat down to newest message (only workaround I found is read them in Archive).
And for Shouts To Display setting. For example if i set it to 50, after 49 message following messages are sent but not showing in chat. Is it possbile, that messages would continue to run and oldest messages would be overwritten?

Thanks for help.

P.S using version for 1.8 from Clank post.
(2014-09-22, 12:49 PM)Come On Thru Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah nice plugin, but I've got couple questions. Is it possible that during auto-refresh user would not be bumped to  newest message? For users it's annoying when they want to scroll up to see recent messages and after 5sec they are bumped to chat down to newest message (only workaround I found is read them in Archive).
And for Shouts To Display setting. For example if i set it to 50, after 49 message following messages are sent but not showing in chat. Is it possbile, that messages would continue to run and oldest messages would be overwritten?

Thanks for help.

Honestly, that's how any shoutbox I've ever used works, I'm not sure there really is a way to change that behavior, if it even was wanted.

As for the shouts to display, the intended behavior is for it to over-write the old shouts and that's what it does for me, so I'm not really sure what's going on. Do any errors appear in the browser console log?
(2014-09-22, 01:33 PM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-22, 12:49 PM)Come On Thru Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah nice plugin, but I've got couple questions. Is it possible that during auto-refresh user would not be bumped to  newest message? For users it's annoying when they want to scroll up to see recent messages and after 5sec they are bumped to chat down to newest message (only workaround I found is read them in Archive).

Thanks for help.

Honestly, that's how any shoutbox I've ever used works, I'm not sure there really is a way to change that behavior, if it even was wanted.

As for the shouts to display, the intended behavior is for it to over-write the old shouts and that's what it does for me, so I'm not really sure what's going on. Do any errors appear in the browser console log?

Ok, understand. If you could resolve second issue that also would resolve first one Big Grin now I freshly reinstalled the plugin and found, that over-write works only in shouts displaying in ascending order. On descending order, when it reaches the Shouts to display limit - it sends, but not displays the messages. Console don't show  any errors. How to fix that?
(2014-09-23, 06:28 AM)Come On Thru Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for help.

Ok, understand. If you could resolve second issue that also would resolve first one Big Grin now I freshly reinstalled the plugin and found, that over-write works only in shouts displaying in ascending order. On descending order, when it reaches the Shouts to display limit - it sends, but not displays the messages. Console don't show  any errors. How to fix that?

Alright, I think I've figured it out, but I'm not sure. Replace class_core.php with this one (just copy/paste) and let me know if it worked.
(2014-09-23, 07:16 AM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for help.

Alright, I think I've figured it out, but I'm not sure. Replace class_core.php with this one (just copy/paste) and let me know if it worked.

Now it's working as it should. Thanks man. By the way, maybe something can be done in Who's online list, cause now users in chat are displayed as in Unknown Location. Can it be changed to "Chat" or something else?

(2014-09-23, 07:55 AM)Come On Thru Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for help.

Now it's working as it should. Thanks man. By the way, maybe something can be done in Who's online list, cause now users in chat are displayed as in Unknown Location. Can it be changed to "Chat" or something else?

Actually I can't, at least not without reworking how the shoutbox does things. Basically, the shoutbox fetches shouts with the URL http://example.com/forums/infernoshout.p...=getshouts. Mybb doesn't recognize this file, thus it doesn't know where you are. There are two ways to fix this, the first is to edit the Mybb core files to tell it that the chat exists, this obviously isn't ideal since it would break with most every Mybb update. The other option would be to have the chatbox fetch shouts through the xmlhttp.php file, but to do that would require rewriting a lot of code.

So yes, it is possible, but not technically feasible. If you want to do it yourself, then go ahead, but it's too much work to be worth it to be.
(2014-09-23, 01:09 PM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-23, 07:55 AM)Come On Thru Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-22, 01:33 PM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, that's how any shoutbox I've ever used works, I'm not sure there really is a way to change that behavior, if it even was wanted.

Actually I can't, at least not without reworking how the shoutbox does things. Basically, the shoutbox fetches shouts with the URL http://example.com/forums/infernoshout.p...=getshouts. Mybb doesn't recognize this file, thus it doesn't know where you are. There are two ways to fix this, the first is to edit the Mybb core files to tell it that the chat exists, this obviously isn't ideal since it would break with most every Mybb update. The other option would be to have the chatbox fetch shouts through the xmlhttp.php file, but to do that would require rewriting a lot of code.

So yes, it is possible, but not technically feasible. If you want to do it yourself, then go ahead, but it's too much work to be worth it to be.

Thanks for info. I was google'ing for a while and found something that looks like third way.

This code goes to 'who's online' template, before '{$footer}':

<script type="text/javascript">
 jQuery(document).ready(function(){
     jQuery(jQuery('a:contains("Unknown Location")')).each(function () {
         jQuery(this).addClass('unknown'); // Just to capitalize the name, found easy with CSS
         var page = (jQuery(this).attr('href')); // Fetch the link
         page = page.substr(page.lastIndexOf("/") + 1);
         page = page.substr(0, page.lastIndexOf('.')) || page;
         jQuery(this).before('Viewing ').html(page); // Change linked text and prepend text 'Viewing' before it.
     });
 });
 </script>

Now, in who's online list it shows that user is "Viewing infernoshout". Where this script catches title "infernoshout"? It's in code or just plugin name?  If I want to rename it to "Inferno Shoutbox", would it be a lot of rewriting? Thanks for helping.