MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-04-27, 06:34 PM)marcgo15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-26, 09:11 PM)Protesqu Wrote: [ -> ]RIP MyBB. I loved you for many years :'(

Rolleyes  it's far from dead..

Far from where it once was...
(2018-04-27, 06:55 PM)TaylorCTU Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-27, 06:34 PM)marcgo15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-26, 09:11 PM)Protesqu Wrote: [ -> ]RIP MyBB. I loved you for many years :'(

Rolleyes  it's far from dead..

Far from where it once was...

Your right it's far from where it once was but it's not dead. Anyone remember wtcBB or OpenBB? Those are dead.

MyBB has had ups and downs over the years but always pulled though. It might not be like it was back then but then again most open source forum projects have slowed down over the years. MyBB still has a good size following and at lease IMO is still the best forum software that's free.

I feel there is hope seeing 1.9 this year, the team really looks to be pushing forward Smile. I is something positive happening.
The way MyBB is heading towards is much more advanced and there are good hopes with it.
MyBB has demonstrated extraordinary survival streak being an open source project running by volunteers.
The people involved with MyBB can't even think of shutting down the project, on the contrary there are big plans. Dedication and motivation towards the project is required to keep a project alive and there are plenty of those inside team members.

It is sad to see MyBB is seeing this kind of comments from its users, the thing we need is time, all the members are busy with life and they do as much possible for the project. So that says it all. It is slowed down, yes, but not going to die. It is just adapting new things and that, in most cases, leading to a complete rewrite of everything. It might look like development has ended but behind the screen many things are going on.

Be assured. Long live MyBB.
(2018-04-27, 09:01 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]
Long live MyBB.
Long live MyBB.
Long live MyBB.
Long live MyBB.
Long live MyBB.
Long live MyBB.
Long live MyBB.
(2018-04-27, 09:01 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]It is sad to see MyBB is seeing this kind of comments from its users, the thing we need is time, all the members are busy with life and they do as much possible for the project.

A quick stroll through https://github.com/mybb/mybb/commits/feature proves that.

[Image: hcgvbts.png]
(2018-04-27, 09:01 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]The way MyBB is heading towards is much more advanced and there are good hopes with it.
MyBB has demonstrated extraordinary survival streak being an open source project running by volunteers.
The people involved with MyBB can't even think of shutting down the project, on the contrary there are big plans. Dedication and motivation towards the project is required to keep a project alive and there are plenty of those inside team members.

It is sad to see MyBB is seeing this kind of comments from its users, the thing we need is time, all the members are busy with life and they do as much possible for the project. So that says it all. It is slowed down, yes, but not going to die. It is just adapting new things and that, in most cases, leading to a complete rewrite of everything. It might look like development has ended but behind the screen many things are going on.

Be assured. Long live MyBB.

Well I'm glad we have some dedicated guys such as yourself left on board. I hope Mybb has a lot of great years ahead.
(2018-04-27, 09:01 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]It is sad to see MyBB is seeing this kind of comments from its users,

Very sad, especially when there is a lot of work going on by people giving up their time. Personally I can't help with any coding, but I try to help on the community forum if I can.

I'm grateful to everyone doing what they can, and here is no point in making negative comments. Either offer to help with the coding or by answering some questions on the MyBB forum or try and make constructive comments not negative ones.

Smile
[Image: Untitled.png]
Thank you for all your hard work team! I just registered as a backer. Love MyBB Smile
Liking the look of the theme and can't wait for responsive. I think its crucial to get this out as soon as possible. It will bring members and developers back to myBB as it will become a more viable option once more. After that, progress towards the core might even get more help from developers returning, etc.