MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys, at this point it's dishonest to say that a new version of this software is coming. I understand you're all volunteers - so why not just be straightforward with people? The codebase is ancient, turning it into something modern has too many caveats, and nobody has time for a full rewrite.

For years now you guys have handled criticism in the most immature way imaginable. Nobody feels entitled to this software, but when you spend half a decade talking about how great the next version is going to be, and then it never comes, people have the right to ask questions.

As for my thoughts on the subject, let me graciously contribute some code:

let freeTime = 0;

volunteers.forEach(dev => {
    freeTime += dev.availableHours * dev.passionForProject;
});

if (freeTime === 0) project.destroy();
(2019-06-21, 04:59 PM)Spritanium Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, at this point it's dishonest to say that a new version of this software is coming. I understand you're all volunteers - so why not just be straightforward with people? The codebase is ancient, turning it into something modern has too many caveats, and nobody has time for a full rewrite.

For years now you guys have handled criticism in the most immature way imaginable. Nobody feels entitled to this software, but when you spend half a decade talking about how great the next version is going to be, and then it never comes, people have the right to ask questions.

As for my thoughts on the subject, let me graciously contribute some code:

let freeTime = 0;

volunteers.forEach(dev => {
    freeTime += dev.availableHours * dev.passionForProject;
});

if (freeTime === 0) project.destroy();

Even I understood that code. Wasn't that hard to figure out.  Dodgy
(2019-06-21, 04:59 PM)Spritanium Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, at this point it's dishonest to say that a new version of this software is coming.

https://github.com/mybb/mybb/commits/develop/1.9

full access to code and change history - impossible to lower pants any further

(2019-06-21, 04:59 PM)Spritanium Wrote: [ -> ]let me graciously contribute some code:

it's buggy, condition is never met so it doesn't do anything
(2019-06-21, 10:38 AM)itsmeJAY Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to install MyBB 1.9 for testing purposes. The installation process is running. I create an admin user & password, then I get the following error message:

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/www/htdocs/w00cb48d/itsmejay/mybb19/inc/src/../vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:..') in /www/htdocs/w00cb48d/itsmejay/mybb19/inc/src/bootstrap.php on line 5

When I refresh the page,  the websitre told me that the "install" folder exists. If I put a "lock" file in there, I get the following message:

Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

Can someone help me?
You need to install the composer dependencies. Please see this Wiki article: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/wiki/Gettin...--Composer
Thank you Euan

MyBB 1.9 (dev) is now installed. I don't know if it's known (I'll write it anyway) -> as soon as a post is posted in a forum, you can't access the forum anymore. The following error message appears:

Fatal error: Uncaught Twig\Error\SyntaxError: Unexpected token "operator" of value "=" ("end of statement block" expected). in /www/htdocs/mybb19/inc/views/base/forumdisplay/thread.twig:5 Stack trace: #0 /www/htdocs/mybb19/inc/vendor/twig/twig/src/TokenParser/IfTokenParser.php(38): Twig\TokenStream->expect(3) #1 /www/htdocs/mybb19/inc/vendor/twig/twig/src/Parser.php(185): Twig\TokenParser\IfTokenParser->parse(Object(Twig\Token)) #2 /www/htdocs/mybb19/inc/vendor/twig/twig/src/Parser.php(98): Twig\Parser->subparse(NULL, false) #3 /www/htdocs/mybb19/inc/vendor/twig/twig/src/Environment.php(569): Twig\Parser->parse(Object(Twig\TokenStream)) #4 /www/htdocs/mybb19/inc/vendor/twig/twig/src/Environment.php(601): Twig\Environment->parse(Object(Twig\TokenStream)) #5 /www/htdocs/mybb19/inc/vendor/twig/twig/src/Environment.php(408): Twig\Environment->compileSource(Object(Twig\Source)) #6 /www/htdocs/mybb19/inc/vendor/twig/twig/src/Environment.php(382): Twig\Envir in /www/htdocs/mybb19/inc/views/base/forumdisplay/thread.twig on line 5

Should one report or ignore such error messages, since it is a development version anyway?
(2019-06-21, 10:22 PM)itsmeJAY Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Euan

MyBB 1.9 (dev) is now installed. I don't know if it's known (I'll write it anyway) -> as soon as a post is posted in a forum, you can't access the forum anymore. The following error message appears:

Fatal error: Uncaught Twig\Error\SyntaxError: Unexpected token "operator" of value "=" ("end of statement block" expected). in /www/htdocs/mybb19/inc/views/base/forumdisplay/thread.twig:5 Stack trace: #0 /www/htdocs/mybb19/inc/vendor/twig/twig/src/TokenParser/IfTokenParser.php(38): Twig\TokenStream->expect(3) #1 /www/htdocs/mybb19/inc/vendor/twig/twig/src/Parser.php(185): Twig\TokenParser\IfTokenParser->parse(Object(Twig\Token)) #2 /www/htdocs/mybb19/inc/vendor/twig/twig/src/Parser.php(98): Twig\Parser->subparse(NULL, false) #3 /www/htdocs/mybb19/inc/vendor/twig/twig/src/Environment.php(569): Twig\Parser->parse(Object(Twig\TokenStream)) #4 /www/htdocs/mybb19/inc/vendor/twig/twig/src/Environment.php(601): Twig\Environment->parse(Object(Twig\TokenStream)) #5 /www/htdocs/mybb19/inc/vendor/twig/twig/src/Environment.php(408): Twig\Environment->compileSource(Object(Twig\Source)) #6 /www/htdocs/mybb19/inc/vendor/twig/twig/src/Environment.php(382): Twig\Envir in /www/htdocs/mybb19/inc/views/base/forumdisplay/thread.twig on line 5

Should one report or ignore such error messages, since it is a development version anyway?

I have no tested the version MyBB 1.9 Dev. For a long time, but i think you should install the composer dependencies.

Example of my test folders, show the file size change
[Image: Captura_de_pantalla_2018_06_24_a_las_7_50_58_p_m.png]

I see that the theme is not lost default, look at the photo of my tests
[Image: Captura_de_pantalla_2018_06_24_a_las_8_03_05_p_m.png]
I have already installed everything necessary with the composer.
(2019-06-22, 05:16 PM)itsmeJAY Wrote: [ -> ]I have already installed everything necessary with the composer.

Did you run composer install? Because that will generate an autoload.php script.
I installed via the composer via "php73 composer.phar install" everything that is necessary for MyBB and is required in composer.json. The forum runs and works. However, as soon as I open a topic in a forum, this error occurs. If a forum has no topic, the error is gone.

See:
www.mybb19.itsmejay.de
No idea? I have now updated everything again (see log) but if I want to call the forum with the post, an error still appears. Is it due to the composer or is it due to PHP code?

- Removing symfony/contracts (v1.0.2)
  - Installing kylekatarnls/update-helper (1.1.1): Downloading (100%)
  - Updating twig/twig (v2.7.4 => v2.11.3): Downloading (100%)
  - Updating sebastian/environment (4.1.0 => 4.2.2): Downloading (100%)
  - Updating phpunit/php-timer (2.1.1 => 2.1.2): Downloading (100%)
  - Updating theseer/tokenizer (1.1.0 => 1.1.3): Downloading (100%)
  - Updating phpdocumentor/reflection-docblock (4.3.0 => 4.3.1): Downloading (100%)
  - Updating phpspec/prophecy (1.8.0 => 1.8.1): Downloading (100%)
  - Updating myclabs/deep-copy (1.8.1 => 1.9.1): Downloading (100%)
  - Updating phpunit/phpunit (7.5.7 => 7.5.13): Downloading (100%)
  - Updating squizlabs/php_codesniffer (3.4.1 => 3.4.2): Downloading (100%)       - Installing symfony/translation-contracts (v1.1.5): Downloading (100%)         - Updating symfony/translation (v4.2.4 => v4.3.1): Downloading (100%)
  - Updating nesbot/carbon (1.36.2 => 1.38.4): Downloading (100%)
  - Installing symfony/polyfill-php73 (v1.11.0): Downloading (100%)
  - Updating symfony/debug (v4.2.4 => v4.3.1): Downloading (100%)
  - Installing symfony/polyfill-php72 (v1.11.0): Downloading (100%)
  - Installing symfony/polyfill-intl-idn (v1.11.0): Downloading (100%)
  - Installing symfony/mime (v4.3.1): Downloading (100%)
  - Updating symfony/http-foundation (v4.2.4 => v4.3.1): Downloading (100%)       - Installing symfony/event-dispatcher-contracts (v1.1.5): Downloading (100%)    - Updating symfony/event-dispatcher (v4.2.4 => v4.3.1): Downloading (100%)      - Updating symfony/http-kernel (v4.2.4 => v4.3.1): Downloading (100%)
  - Updating symfony/routing (v4.2.4 => v4.3.1): Downloading (100%)
  - Installing symfony/service-contracts (v1.1.5): Downloading (100%)
  - Updating symfony/console (v4.2.4 => v4.3.1): Downloading (100%)
  - Updating symfony/finder (v4.2.4 => v4.3.1): Downloading (100%)
  - Updating symfony/process (v4.2.4 => v4.3.1): Downloading (100%)
  - Updating symfony/yaml (v4.2.4 => v4.3.1): Downloading (100%)