MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-08-12, 12:59 PM)darkhorus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-08, 12:02 PM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]The previous 1.9 theme concept board (that was actually running 1.8) has been shut down.

A new board that is actually running 1.9 (including Twig and the new theme) has been set up here:

https://mybb.jsoltesz.com/mybb-1.9

Note that, as before, the theme is not complete and is still a work in progress.
I know the theme is not complete, but just wondering, are last poster avatars still planned (your previous 1.9 theme preview, the one still running 1.8, had them), or won't they make it into 1.9 after all?

They are planned with a setting to toggle them on/off, we just need to add the required code to the backend for them to be available Smile
(2018-08-12, 02:49 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-12, 12:59 PM)darkhorus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-08, 12:02 PM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]The previous 1.9 theme concept board (that was actually running 1.8) has been shut down.

A new board that is actually running 1.9 (including Twig and the new theme) has been set up here:

https://mybb.jsoltesz.com/mybb-1.9

Note that, as before, the theme is not complete and is still a work in progress.
I know the theme is not complete, but just wondering, are last poster avatars still planned (your previous 1.9 theme preview, the one still running 1.8, had them), or won't they make it into 1.9 after all?

They are planned with a setting to toggle them on/off, we just need to add the required code to the backend for them to be available Smile
Sweet. Thanks for the heads up.
Sorry if this is a stupid question but i'm about to create a forum using MyBB 1.8 and just wanted to know if it will be an easy/standard upgrade path to 1.9 when officially released?

I'm not that experienced with forum software or databases so a little concerned if the upgrade is complex i could mess the whole forum up.

Thank you in advance.

-Jamie
(2018-08-15, 05:19 PM)jdobbsy1987 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if this is a stupid question but i'm about to create a forum using MyBB 1.8 and just wanted to know if it will be an easy/standard upgrade path to 1.9 when officially released?

I'm not that experienced with forum software or databases so a little concerned if the upgrade is complex i could mess the whole forum up.

Thank you in advance.

-Jamie

Go ahead and create your forum website.

Get used to all of the functions of the AdminCP and ModCP.

By the time MyBB 1.9.xx rolls out, you will have a good idea how to do the upgrades because you have become familiar with the backend of MyBB.

It has been said that the official release of 1.9.xx will not come out until December. 

That gives you about 4 months to get used to MyBB software.
There will be an easy upgrade path from 1.8 to 1.9, and it will be fully documented like the current 1.8 upgrade process is.
(2018-08-15, 06:23 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-15, 05:19 PM)jdobbsy1987 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if this is a stupid question but i'm about to create a forum using MyBB 1.8 and just wanted to know if it will be an easy/standard upgrade path to 1.9 when officially released?

Thank you in advance.

-Jamie

Go ahead and create your forum website.

Get used to all of the functions of the AdminCP and ModCP.

By the time MyBB 1.9.xx rolls out, you will have a good idea how to do the upgrades because you have become familiar with the backend of MyBB.

It has been said that the official release of 1.9.xx will not come out until December. 

That gives you about 4 months to get used to MyBB software.

Thank you for your advice, forum is now setup Smile

(2018-08-15, 06:33 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]There will be an easy upgrade path from 1.8 to 1.9, and it will be fully documented like the current 1.8 upgrade process is.

This is good to know, thank you.
https://mybb.jsoltesz.com/mybb-1.9/index.php

This is the new 1.9 deno version?
(2018-08-17, 08:13 AM)Supryk Wrote: [ -> ]https://mybb.jsoltesz.com/mybb-1.9/index.php

This is the new 1.9 deno version?

yes.
Sad
No activation email from that demo forum
(2018-08-17, 07:36 PM)Supryk Wrote: [ -> ]Sad
No activation email from that demo forum

There have been a couple of issues with that so far. If you post your username here Justin may be able to manually approve your account if he gets time.