MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-10-27, 05:23 PM)lomazzo Wrote: [ -> ]Then you should have told us from the beginning that it takes a lot of time, instead of saying it will be ready by this, then by that etc... etc... and failing to deliver. Also let's be frank here, two or more part timers should still be able to finish it in under a year.

I never gave any timeframe for when the new theme would be completed. I said from the beginning that it was going to be a lot of work.

The 1.9 theme began preliminary development in January 2018 but I was not able to begin in earnest until after the Twig template conversion was complete. Full development of the new theme began in July.

Also, folks complain when we don't give a timeline, they complain when we give a timeline that is longer than they would like, and they complain when we give a timeline that we don't meet. It's safe to say that you will complain and be ungrateful for the work we are doing regardless.
(2018-10-27, 05:23 PM)lomazzo Wrote: [ -> ]Then you should have told us from the beginning that it takes a lot of time, instead of saying it will be ready by this, then by that etc... etc... and failing to deliver. Also let's be frank here, two or more part timers should still be able to finish it in under a year.

"You shoulda, woulda, coulda have done this" types of comments are becoming quite annoying.

You can assist the ALL-VOLUNTEER MyBB development team by making positive suggestions.

Constantly berating the development team is not going speed up the development of MyBB 1.9.xx.

It will be ready when its ready, not before.
(2018-10-26, 09:22 PM)lomazzo Wrote: [ -> ]You can't have a non-responsive website nowadays and you know it.

True that, but not having a responsive default theme is not really a big deal. I overcame this limitation this January; my own MyBB board is 100% responsive, and it took me about 6 months of development all by myself; almost the same timeframe it's taking Justin to complete the new default theme.

Most communities run their own theme, and you can build your own, hire someone to do the job for you, or use some responsive themes already available either for free or paid. Responsiveness is important, but it's de facto already before your eyes.
Should have just used my responsive template seen as Omniscient decided to scam me for it.
Was completed months ago and had full functionality.
@lomazzo please explain where the MyBB team did give a timeline???

I know @Euan T did say something along the lines they where hoping for an alpha a month or so ago for August but they are not there yet unfortunately. they are close but still need to finish off a few things.

As others have indicated and i do agree that responsive is a must now days but in reality it is not that hard to achieve this for now even if not table less there are many options to get by.

Yeah for sure i would love 1.9 or even 5.0 by now but the reality is that we do not have it and you have to work with what you have. If that means using something other than MyBB then you have to do what you have to do that suits your project.

The reality is the 1.9 is still months away and we cannot change this .
(2018-10-27, 05:32 PM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]

I never gave any timeframe for when the new theme would be completed. I said from the beginning that it was going to be a lot of work.

The 1.9 theme began preliminary development in January 2018 but I was not able to begin in earnest until after the Twig template conversion was complete. Full development of the new theme began in July.

Also, folks complain when we don't give a timeline, they complain when we give a timeline that is longer than they would like, and they complain when we give a timeline that we don't meet. It's safe to say that you will complain and be ungrateful for the work we are doing regardless.

No folks complain when you hint that it would be ready at a certain time and then don't deliver. Not a week, not a month after (which is also a lot) but several months... 

(2018-10-27, 06:33 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

"You shoulda, woulda, coulda have done this" types of comments are becoming quite annoying.

You can assist the ALL-VOLUNTEER MyBB development team by making positive suggestions.

Constantly berating the development team is not going speed up the development of MyBB 1.9.xx.

Constantly berating? I suggest you look up the definition of "berate" because this is the first time I've done so.

(2018-10-27, 06:59 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Most communities run their own theme, and you can build your own, hire someone to do the job for you, or use some responsive themes already available either for free or paid. Responsiveness is important, but it's de facto already before your eyes.

[/quote]

The free responsive themes are bad and if I had to spend money I might as well buy Xenforo or something else.

But yeah keep arguing with me instead of encouraging them to be honest.
(2018-10-28, 05:05 AM)lomazzo Wrote: [ -> ]No folks complain when you hint that it would be ready at a certain time and then don't deliver. Not a week, not a month after (which is also a lot) but several months...

Oh Christ, it's this argument again.
(2018-10-27, 06:33 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]"You shoulda, woulda, coulda have done this" types of comments are becoming quite annoying.

(2018-10-28, 05:05 AM)lomazzo Wrote: [ -> ]Constantly berating? I suggest you look up the definition of "berate" because this is the first time I've done so.

You started this up at post #338 and have now started arguing with other users in this thread.

It seems that you want to win this 'war' for whatever reason. Is it to stroke your ego?

Justin (to my knowledge) is the "head honcho" of the MyBB development and arguing with him to speed up the development of MyBB 1.9.xx isn't going to work.

Again, I reiterate that the development team is an ALL-VOLUNTEER team.

If you want to contribute to the development of MyBB 1.9.xx, use your energy in making positive suggestions and/or assist the team in coding/programming MyBB 1.9.xx.

Thrashing against the MyBB development team isn't going to get the product out faster.

They have to waste their time defending themselves against posts such as yours.
delete
(2018-10-28, 07:14 AM)lomazzo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-28, 06:49 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-27, 06:33 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]"You shoulda, woulda, coulda have done this" types of comments are becoming quite annoying.

(2018-10-28, 05:05 AM)lomazzo Wrote: [ -> ]Constantly berating? I suggest you look up the definition of "berate" because this is the first time I've done so.

You started this up at post #338 and have now started arguing with other users in this thread.

It seems that you want to win this 'war' for whatever reason. Is it to stroke your ego?

Justin (to my knowledge) is the "head honcho" of the MyBB development and arguing with him to speed up the development of MyBB 1.9.xx isn't going to work.

Again, I reiterate that the development team is an ALL-VOLUNTEER team.

If you want to contribute to the development of MyBB 1.9.xx, use your energy in making positive suggestions and/or assist the team in coding/programming MyBB 1.9.xx.

Thrashing against the MyBB development team isn't going to get the product out faster.

They have to waste their time defending themselves against posts such as yours.

I was talking to the development team not you. You're the one who started attacking me and now you're whining because I'm responding back? The dev team certainly don't need you to talk for them so stop being a brown nose ok?

Wow, did you know that this is a PUBLIC forum website?

All forums are read by EVERYONE regardless of status?

This means that if someone reads YOUR posts regardless if the posts are being directed to them or not, anyone can respond to your posts.

If you don't want the public to respond to your posts, make them Private Messages (PMs).

Otherwise, anything you post in these public threads is subject to be responded by anyone. 

Get over yourself, please.