MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry for the lack of updates, things have been more than a little hectic for me since the COVID-19 pandemic struck.

The rebase is progressing well, and should be completed within the next couple of weeks, along with some tweaks to the database library that I have sitting in a local branch. Once complete, the rebase and database changes will be pushed to GitHub and the test board will be brought up to date.

The plan is that I will be focusing entirely on 1.9 going ahead, with Jordan and other team members managing the 1.8 series. This prevents me from trying to split my focus across too many different areas of the project.
(2020-08-06, 09:39 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the lack of updates, things have been more than a little hectic for me since the COVID-19 pandemic struck.

The rebase is progressing well, and should be completed within the next couple of weeks, along with some tweaks to the database library that I have sitting in a local branch. Once complete, the rebase and database changes will be pushed to GitHub and the test board will be brought up to date.

The plan is that I will be focusing entirely on 1.9 going ahead, with Jordan and other team members managing the 1.8 series. This prevents me from trying to split my focus across too many different areas of the project.

Great plan , go ahead
Best regrds
(2020-08-06, 09:39 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the lack of updates, things have been more than a little hectic for me since the COVID-19 pandemic struck.

Thank you for the update. 

Now in regards to this rebase, when this is finished would there be a beta release not too long after?

This pandemic has hit us hard as well.

Anyway, take your time & stay safe. Cool
Thanks for this update and this plan.
Great work MyBB team, continue like this !
Removed
The 5 stages of any development project:
1. Excitement
2. Fear
3. Search for the guilty
4. Persecution of the innocent
5. Praise for the uninvolved
Any news after over 1.5 months?
Any updates is 1.8.25 gonna be the end of 1.8?
(2020-10-03, 12:07 AM)DevLife Wrote: [ -> ]Any updates is 1.8.25 gonna be the end of 1.8?

no, 1.8.X will be supported for a while after 1.9 is released.