MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-03-09, 04:37 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the plan is to release at some point this year.

Release it on the same day as Endgame gets released in the cinema. So we can say that we are into the endgame now  Big Grin
We can say anything, but you know what... MyBB will be there as always witnessing many webmaster's endgame throughout decades.
There is no Endgame here. And there will be not.

Although, there always will be a chance of upgrade.
we're on endgame now
(2019-03-11, 06:33 AM)Kyoto Mizuko Wrote: [ -> ]we're on endgame now

You are? Sorry to hear that.
We are not.
(2019-03-10, 04:59 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]We can say anything, but you know what... MyBB will be there as always witnessing many webmaster's endgame throughout decades.

What I meant is that the endgame is for non-responsive mybb era  Big Grin
No chance within the next month is there? I'm planning a new project with people and the discussion is between MyBB & Xenforo. But we'd rather start with MyBB 1.9 than 1.8.
(2019-03-25, 05:36 AM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]No chance within the next month is there? I'm planning a new project with people and the discussion is between MyBB & Xenforo. But we'd rather start with MyBB 1.9 than 1.8.

What's wrong with starting out with MyBB 1.8.20?

It's my understanding that developers are trying everything in their power to make the migration to MyBB 1.9.xx as seamless as possible.

That, of course, is based on the default theme and setup of MyBB 1.8.20. If you have customized themes and/or plugins, those will need to be updated for MyBB 1.9.xx.

Aside from that, don't let the prospect of the impending arrival of MyBB 1.9.xx stop you from using the latest MyBB software.

Having said all of that...

MyBB 1.9.xx will come out when it's ready.
(2019-03-25, 09:34 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]What's wrong with starting out with MyBB 1.8.20?

Surprised you even need to ask that question.

Migrating to a new second-point (x.x.x) release, especially one with as many changes as 1.9 (the new templating system being a prime example) is a pain when you've only got a relatively new website. If you wait for the imminent release of 1.9, you spend less time wasting time writing a theme you'll be tossing away in weeks. Probably even less than.

Same goes for plugins.

Not really worth starting a new website on 1.8 now.
Either way, within the next month is highly unlikely. A pre-release (or beta) will be released prior to a stable release of 1.9.