MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-01-22, 08:16 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I also forgot to mention that we also need to decide on an editor. I plan to create a thread about that topic tomorrow after work to kick off some discussion on it.

I didn't see a discussion on that. But is this change going to be included in version 1.9 already, or is the new editor expected to be in 1.10?
(2019-02-04, 09:59 PM)reed Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-22, 08:16 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I also forgot to mention that we also need to decide on an editor. I plan to create a thread about that topic tomorrow after work to kick off some discussion on it.

I didn't see a discussion on that. But is this change going to be included in version 1.9 already, or is the new editor expected to be in 1.10?

It is planned to be in 1.9.

We plan to update SCEditor versions in 1.8.21 since we are quite far behind at the moment.
Is Mybb 1.9 Release in End 2025 or 2030
(2019-02-13, 03:32 AM)Khankharor Wrote: [ -> ]Is Mybb 1.9 Release in End 2025 or 2030

Is that a question or a fact? If the later we could as well focus on other tasks meanwhile Toungue
Will 1.9 finally make use of foreign keys or is that going to wait until 2.0?
How is Justin going with the theme? as we progress into the new year i guess we know that 1.9 is still some time away with active development ongoing i recall that there was still a lot to do in the admin side for the template support and the theme still a bit to get done .

Any chance on a bit of a check list as to where things stand @Euan T .

Following github is a bit of a pain as to what is done and still needs to be done also given that a lot more stills need to be done prior to any alpha releases and then bug fixing etc. the evolution to 1.9 realistically is some months away.
(2019-02-14, 03:22 AM)fishntassie Wrote: [ -> ]How is Justin going with the theme? [...] Following github is a bit of a pain

Given that all the commits for the new theme appear in one PR - I wouldn't call it difficult to track.

Here's the milestone for 1.9 -- whether things get added is anyone's guess, but here's what needs to be done right now: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/milestone/22
Thanks Ben,

Still a bit missing from that list unless i missed things hopefully now the new year is here things will progress
Can’t wait till 1.9 is out. I have yet to launch my forum but am currently creating the whole background idea.
As well as trying to guess the password to the password release date section lol.
Once 1.8.20 is released, I plan to do a better summary post about where we're at with 1.9 and what's left to do. Right now, I want to get 1.8.20 out of the door so that I can rebase 1.9 to use the latest code from 1.8. Before I do that rebase, I'll be merging Justin's theme PR so that it doesn't get completely broken.