MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-05-31, 05:44 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]It's obvious that some people just do not understand the concept of volunteering.

All of those developers are volunteers and none of them get paid for coding incremental updates for the current MyBB version. Nor do any of the coders/programmers get paid for the upcoming MyBB 1.9.xx version.

Many of those volunteers have other jobs that pay them a wage/salary. That takes priority first!

Give them a break and stop making comments that are downright rude and disrespectful.

Making these kinds of posts are not going to make these volunteers work faster.

If anything... it might backfire on you.

If you are a coder/programmer... instead of running your mouth off... why don't you help out?

Just maybe... MyBB releases will come out faster.

For those who do not code or are not able to program software... be patient and let it be!

End of my rant!

Pretty much exactly this. The team has also said this many times.

That being said, we of course do the frustrations with this but what Serpius has said above needs to be kept in mind. Further details for our progress to follow.
Stay calm... it is not meant to be bad and we are all grateful for what the programmers do. But it's a fact that progress is very slow. I know a lot of projects that were stopped because there was no time. MyBB 2.0 has been stopped so that 1.9 can be developed, hopefully it stays that way and this will not be stopped.
For a idea, is possible to make MyBB 1.9 Default Theme header fixed, what mean this showed up when you scroll page down?
(2019-06-14, 11:20 AM)ks1001 Wrote: [ -> ]For a idea, is possible to make MyBB 1.9 Default Theme header fixed, what mean this showed up when you scroll page down?

Hm, in my opinion it makes sense to have a setting for it in the ACP. Then the whole thing is flexible.
(2019-06-15, 08:51 AM)itsmeJAY Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-14, 11:20 AM)ks1001 Wrote: [ -> ]For a idea, is possible to make MyBB 1.9 Default Theme header fixed, what mean this showed up when you scroll page down?

Hm, in my opinion it makes sense to have a setting for it in the ACP. Then the whole thing is flexible.

Yes, I think this is better idea.
Hi I present myself, I AAS and use by a long time the MyBB Forum Software and by a long time I'll be curious about the new release of the software, I'm web developer and work wit php, js and other technologies, If exist the positivity to help and accelerate the progress of 1.9 I want to know if I can help
I hear about MyBB2 version but it appears that will comes in a very long long time, and hear of Mybb1.9
My unique question is if has some release date for this version?
(2019-06-18, 04:26 PM)AAS Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I present myself, I AAS and use by a long time the MyBB Forum Software and by a long time I'll be curious about the new release of the software, I'm web developer and work wit php, js and other technologies, If exist the positivity to help and accelerate the progress of 1.9 I want to know if I can help
I hear about MyBB2 version but it appears that will comes in a very long long time, and hear of Mybb1.9
My unique question is if has some release date for this version?

How you can help? 

Start HERE.
I don't know XD
I made my own plugins and edited pieces of the 1.8 core where I need certain function, I don't know if this will help to help in the development
I (finally) installed MyBB 1.9 for testing, but there is one thing, what need to be changed during new forum creation: I use LastPass and this place automatically my password to forum password field and now I can't remove password. There should be yes/no question: Use forum password?
I tried to install MyBB 1.9 for testing purposes. The installation process is running. I create an admin user & password, then I get the following error message:

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/www/htdocs/w00cb48d/itsmejay/mybb19/inc/src/../vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:..') in /www/htdocs/w00cb48d/itsmejay/mybb19/inc/src/bootstrap.php on line 5

When I refresh the page, the websitre told me that the "install" folder exists. If I put a "lock" file in there, I get the following message:

Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

Can someone help me?