MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's been about a year now since i last saw "1.9 coming in a few months" where does that leave us now?

I have two big MyBB Projects I'd like to begin working on Immediately, however, it would be more reasonable to wait for 1.9 but it would seem it's never going to arrive? Not to seem like I'm trying to rush the lot of you, I'm actually simply just curious of it's current status if you were to give an Honest Answer instead of that "soon" run around.

Any ideas?
(2019-12-01, 05:53 AM)deserts Wrote: [ -> ]It's been about a year now since i last saw "1.9 coming in a few months" where does that leave us now?

I have two big MyBB Projects I'd like to begin working on Immediately, however, it would be more reasonable to wait for 1.9 but it would seem it's never going to arrive? Not to seem like I'm trying to rush the lot of you, I'm actually simply just curious of it's current status if you were to give an Honest Answer instead of that "soon" run around.

Any ideas?

respect sir/madam , 
why dont you learn programming language that mybb use and give extra time to community (voluntary) and deveolp mybb 1.9 or 2.0 and then we ll ask you exact date of release , then you can give us proper date and time Smile

BR
Mujeeb
(2019-12-01, 07:00 AM)mujeebdgk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-01, 05:53 AM)deserts Wrote: [ -> ]It's been about a year now since i last saw "1.9 coming in a few months" where does that leave us now?

Any ideas?

respect sir/madam , 
why dont you learn programming language that mybb use and give extra time to community (voluntary) and deveolp mybb 1.9 or 2.0 and then we ll ask you exact date of release , then you can give us proper date and time Smile

BR
Mujeeb

Your post serves no purpose and is thenceforth useless, quiet yourself for no one was speaking to you. My Initial post remains curious.

Any ideas?

Not sure where you read "soon", but historically the official position has always been "it will be released when it's ready". That goes for any MyBB release. Just use 1.8 and upgrade to 1.9 when it comes out, there's no point waiting at this stage.
More likely to see an 1.8.2.2 than a 1.9 any time soon, as myBB has small changes taking place over time, rather than all at once.
1.8.22 is due out very soon, certainly before the end of the month.

The current big blocker on 1.9 is rebasing it to include all of the 1.8 changes since work on 1.9 started. This is quite a difficult (and manual) process that is taking much longer than I would have liked as we made some code style changes when doing the Twig conversion. This means when merging changes from 1.8 into 1.9, I have to manually check the change and apply it to the 1.9 code, and sometimes the 1.9 templates. I'm about half way through this process, and unfortunately due to the way rebasing works in Git, I can't really do anything else on 1.9 whilst I'm working on this.

I have a week off for the Christmas break, and I plan to finish the rebase during this time if I don't complete it before then. Once the rebase is complete, we plan to look at using the new GitHub actions feature to see if we can try and automate the process of merging 1.8 changes into 1.9 as much as possible. I'll also be posting a new development thread at that time.
(2019-12-15, 07:39 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]1.8.22 is due out very soon, certainly before the end of the month.

The current big blocker on 1.9 is rebasing it to include all of the 1.8 changes since work on 1.9 started. This is quite a difficult (and manual) process that is taking much longer than I would have liked as we made some code style changes when doing the Twig conversion. This means when merging changes from 1.8 into 1.9, I have to manually check the change and apply it to the 1.9 code, and sometimes the 1.9 templates. I'm about half way through this process, and unfortunately due to the way rebasing works in Git, I can't really do anything else on 1.9 whilst I'm working on this.

I have a week off for the Christmas break, and I plan to finish the rebase during this time if I don't complete it before then. Once the rebase is complete, we plan to look at using the new GitHub actions feature to see if we can try and automate the process of merging 1.8 changes into 1.9 as much as possible. I'll also be posting a new development thread at that time.

Thank you  Toungue
(2019-12-15, 07:39 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]1.8.22 is due out very soon, certainly before the end of the month.

I don't want to be pushy. But you should really focus on the completion of 1.9

The reason is that the 1.9 is supposed to be responsive so I am really looking forward to it.

Anyway, take as much as time you need. Happy New Year in advance. Have a great year. Smile

Any update since Christmas break has passed and we are into the new year? I would love to know the progress.
Simply baffiling no official mobile support yet. 2020... 🤣