MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Awesome @Euan. I'll have some time to contribute in the coming months, so I look forward to helping out where I can once the rebase is complete. Smile
Any new updates on this?
Hi, I want to ask what does the development of the latest version look like? And when its completion is estimated. I remember that the release was supposed to be a long time ago, but still nothing. I have three forums on MyBB, so I'm not looking forward to throwing the new version 1.9 :-) Thanks
(2020-06-08, 12:56 PM)PN90 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I want to ask what does the development of the latest version look like? And when its completion is estimated. I remember that the release was supposed to be a long time ago, but still nothing. I have three forums on MyBB, so I'm not looking forward to throwing the new version 1.9 :-) Thanks
https://mybb.jsoltesz.com/mybb-1.9/ the development has been slower as they have been working with a new release for 18.23  I believe not sure it will be released I will say next year?
Next year ? oh god. :-(
MyBB 2.0 was announced in 2017 or 2018. Meanwhile more than 2 years have passed and nothing or only very slowly happens.

I have already given up hope and will leave the community at the end of the year if there is no clear statement from the team. I will then turn to any community that is a bit more active and doesn't deliberately eggplant with its members.
(2020-06-12, 11:41 AM)itsmeJAY Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB 2.0 was announced in 2017 or 2018.  Meanwhile more than 2 years have passed and nothing or only very slowly happens.

I have already given up hope and will leave the community at the end of the year if there is no clear statement from the team.  I will then turn to any community that is a bit more active and doesn't deliberately eggplant with its members.

That's slightly misleading. All you have to do is read what we've said previously and you'll know exactly where we are on 1.9.
(2020-06-12, 12:30 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-12, 11:41 AM)itsmeJAY Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB 2.0 was announced in 2017 or 2018.  Meanwhile more than 2 years have passed and nothing or only very slowly happens.

I have already given up hope and will leave the community at the end of the year if there is no clear statement from the team.  I will then turn to any community that is a bit more active and doesn't deliberately eggplant with its members.

That's slightly misleading. All you have to do is read what we've said previously and you'll know exactly where we are on 1.9.
What is the current up to date progress?
(2020-06-15, 04:46 PM)Furious Wrote: [ -> ]

https://github.com/mybb/mybb/projects/2
(2020-06-15, 07:06 PM)itsmeJAY Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-15, 04:46 PM)Furious Wrote: [ -> ]

https://github.com/mybb/mybb/projects/2
Doesn't seem like it has changed? Last update May 4th and if i'm not mistaken a few months ago it was still at "15 Done" with 10 to do.