MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-01-29, 03:33 PM)amanda_2011 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-29, 11:50 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-29, 09:46 AM)lomazzo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi how's it going?

I read that 1.9 is going to look like this:

http://mybb.jsoltesz.com/mybb-theme/

Can you please add "threads" and "posts" in each forum, or just "posts" at least? It would look much better. People are much more likely to join a forum if they see that it has a bunch of posts.

it's a test forum.....

It's the mobile test version, right?
Yes, it will be fully responsive/mobile-friendly, and the final version will end up looking very similar to what is on that test board.
(2018-01-14, 07:00 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]As I said in the first post of this thread, I plan to do status updates around once a week on the development of 1.9. Here's the first of these, and I plan to do these on Sundays from now on.

Translated Templates

Other Work
We're also tracking which templates still need to be translated to Twig, in this issue. Note that the list in this issue isn't entirely accurate as many of these templates will disappear since we can use conditionals and loops inside actual templates thanks to Twig. Other templates like headerinclude will also be rolled into the layout template.

We are also tracking any functions that may be useful for use inside Twig based templates, in this issue. These functions will be added to new or existing Twig extensions during the development process. If you spot any functions that you think would be useful, please add them to the issue.

+1.   Cool 

Thank you so much!
(2018-01-29, 03:33 PM)amanda_2011 Wrote: [ -> ]It's the mobile test version, right?

It's responsive. It will be pretty same for both mobiles and computer. There will not be 2 themes for both but only one. I guess it will be possible to add threads / posts later in theme.
Time for another update on the current status of 1.9!

Translated Templates

Other Work

The last couple of works have seen quite a lot of work on the 1.8 series, preparing for the release of 1.8.15 which should happen very soon. Once that's done, work on 1.9 will be picking up further once again - current efforts are on testing the current status of the "feature" branch which will be the 1.8.15 release.
(2018-01-29, 08:00 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]The last couple of works have seen quite a lot of work on the 1.8 series, preparing for the release of 1.8.15 which should happen very soon.

Any chance this problem will finally be fixed ?

https://community.mybb.com/thread-208402.html
(2018-01-31, 04:10 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-29, 08:00 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]The last couple of works have seen quite a lot of work on the 1.8 series, preparing for the release of 1.8.15 which should happen very soon.

Not in 1.8.15 this close to release, though we are looking to upgrade to the current version of SCEditor in the near future - hopefully in 1.8.16. Upgrading SCEditor is planned to happen alongside updates to some other JavaScript libraries we use, so it takes quite a lot of testing.
(2018-01-31, 10:27 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-31, 04:10 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]

Not in 1.8.15 this close to release, though we are looking to upgrade to the current version of SCEditor in the near future - hopefully in 1.8.16. Upgrading SCEditor is planned to happen alongside updates to some other JavaScript libraries we use, so it takes quite a lot of testing.

Thank you Euan.
I am going to hold my work till MyBB updates Smile
This seems really exiting to me.
Guys what are we going to do about SEO? I assume the SEO plugin won't work with the 1.9 version. Is anyone working on a new plugin?
(2018-02-04, 09:37 AM)lomazzo Wrote: [ -> ]Guys what are we going to do about SEO? I assume the SEO plugin won't work with the 1.9 version. Is anyone working on a new plugin?

Google SEO should work with 1.9.

Future releases should start to roll in some better SEO features such as meta descriptions, canonical links, sitemaps, etc.