MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-11-15, 06:40 AM)Furious Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-15, 03:20 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]You can keep asking for updates, there is nothing wrong with that, but it is rude and childish to just complain in such a negative way, always by the same users.

Its easy to ignite a fire, now do something productive with it.
You know what else is rude is being told we would receive updates and then not get them. How do you think people are going to react to that?.

It reminds me of a project called THT, excellent product it was then they shot high new versions, the developer would give updates but eventually updates stopped in regards to that, then instead of going to the new version they backtracked like MyBB from 2.0 to 1.9 and as a result of that again some updates and eventually it stopped, the developer went silent and guess what? its a dead project now. 

Every time people ask for updates the answers have been simply horrible or no answers at all so yea people are starting to get negative about it.

All I will mention is we are in the middle of a pandemic. Some of the team is involved in critical IT positions.
So here's the latest update of where we are at with MyBB 1.9:

The rebase is nearing completion but is now being worked on by more than one person to speed things along. It was hoped towards the end of the rebase things would become easier but it is actually the opposite so things are slower than expected. We are introducing changes that will make the transition from 1.8 to 1.9 easier and notices for outdated PHP versions and MySQL functions.
Thanks Ben - much appreciated.

cheers...
I just discovered that most of the conversation about the progress of MyBB v1.9 development is taking place on Discord, instead of in this MyBB forum. It seems a little ironic, that the developers of MyBB are using a different forum platform themselves - having stated they would keep the community (better) informed of progress.
It might seem ironic if you think of Discord as a forum platform.

But indeed, the intention is to give progress through the community forums. Discord messages are usually informal, short, and not too explanatory into details. Quite the opposite of what intended communication through the community would be.
going into 2021 any new updates?
(2020-12-30, 10:16 PM)Furious Wrote: [ -> ]going into 2021 any new updates?

I can't speak on behalf of the MyBB team, but there are periodic updates. It seems to me by reading earlier posts that you have some knowledge in coding(?) and generally GitHub repositories(?). Whilst this thread has more or less deteriorated, it does not mean updates have been stopped. I suggest you take a look at the GitHub repository as that will give you more insight into the happenings and implementations that are being planned and developed.

https://github.com/mybb/mybb/tree/develop/1.9 (1.9)
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/tree/feature (current 1.8)
How mamy percent 1.9 is finished?
(2021-01-07, 03:58 PM)Supryk Wrote: [ -> ]How mamy percent 1.9 is finished?

What good is the percentage when it does not account for tasks? Accounting for the size difference of each task would be, well immeasurable at this stage.

If you really want to know, there are 9 tasks to be done, 1 really large task in progress, and 16 are done.
(Percentage that's 65,4%)

Which is no real estimate to be honest. And these are all taken from here:
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/projects/2
(2021-01-07, 04:42 PM)GodLess101 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-07, 03:58 PM)Supryk Wrote: [ -> ]How mamy percent 1.9 is finished?

What good is the percentage when it does not account for tasks? Accounting for the size difference of each task would be, well immeasurable at this stage.

If you really want to know, there are 9 tasks to be done, 1 really large task in progress, and 16 are done.
(Percentage that's 65,4%)

Which is no real estimate to be honest. And these are all taken from here:
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/projects/2

Ideally the MyBB dev team puts some time estimates on these tasks, to give a rough view on the progress, which in turn will also help with the planning of tasks.

The most important feature (which could be in-between 1.8 and 1.9) would be to just have a responsive theme by default though.