MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2023-01-23, 03:05 AM)s3_gunzel Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, just to be completely clear, are 'we' seriously at the "Push people away who both want to help, and do the work" stage?

Ouch.

To be fair, there was support from some staff for merging my code as-is, and I was discouraged from resigning.
(2023-01-23, 04:54 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-01-23, 03:05 AM)s3_gunzel Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, just to be completely clear, are 'we' seriously at the "Push people away who both want to help, and do the work" stage?

Ouch.

To be fair, there was support from some staff for merging my code as-is, and I was discouraged from resigning.

You've made me very happy!!!!
We love the mybb family and look forward to version 1.9 !!
long live mybb!!!!!!!!!!
(2023-01-23, 04:54 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]

Ouch.

OMG, it is awasome! We are waiting with excitement =)
i think with advancement of AI, this process can be faster.. Use AI chat like chat gpt and others..
Just in case the two enthusiastic responses of @cocukadam and @Hazel are based on a misunderstanding:

While there was support from some staff for merging my code as-is, there was enough resistance that my code wasn't merged, still hasn't been, and probably won't be except in bits and pieces here and there.

And while I was discouraged from resigning, I did end up resigning.

I was just trying to clarify to @s3_gunzel that while his interpretation could in a way be seen as correct, there are definitely redeeming features to the situation, and I don't think it's all that fair to MyBB staff, who are well-intended and not deliberately trying to push developers away.

There is cause for optimism if not enthusiasm though, because the team is still making progress, so far mostly at the level of further specifying 1.9 functionality, but also via some small code commits.
How is the progress on mybb 1.9 version? We haven't heard a bit of it, I hope you guys going well with the coding.
Will plugins from 1.8 work on 1.9?
the template system is not the same, all plugin need to be updated for the template part I think
Request you to release the Mobile friendly version of MyBB 1.9 as soon as possible. Feeling very disappointed that the development of MyBB 1.9 is so slow.

The new version of MyBB 1.9 should be super SEO friendly, like it was in 2010.

I am proud to be a part of MyBB family and I Love MyBB since 2009.
(2023-04-02, 10:39 AM)wamp Wrote: [ -> ]Request you to release the Mobile friendly version of MyBB 1.9 as soon as possible. Feeling very disappointed that the development of MyBB 1.9 is so slow.

Do you think asking for it to be released faster will somehow change anything? You can't be disappointed that you have to wait for something you're getting for free.