MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-07-02, 10:50 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]1. 1.8.16 is probably the last feature update for 1.8.x series.
2. Focus is already diverted to develop 1.9 series completely and much of the works already done.
3. With the release of 1.8.16 there with be only releases for bug fixes and security patches and extended support.
4. MyBB developers are already deviated many feature requests / fixes to do it directly in 1.9 branch to expedite development.
5. All the above statements are only as per my knowledge gathered from watching Github and not the voice of the team.

I made the same assumption regarding the future of the 1.8.xx series.

Since there is a limited size of the development team, it would make sense to focus the efforts to the 1.9.xx series.

effone, maybe you aren't on the development team directly, but you are staff, therefore close to the "pulse" of the latest going-ons of the development of MyBB.

P.S. keep up the good work on closing those 'Help Me threads'.
(2018-07-02, 11:17 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]effone, maybe you aren't on the development team directly,

I am on the development team. DIRECTLY. But the statement I make is not official. If you are looking for official statements there is only one place - Official MyBB Blog.

(2018-07-02, 11:17 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]P.S. keep up the good work on closing those 'Help Me threads'.

Those are mostly bots. Be sure of it. I hardly be rude to general legit members. Community moderation doesn't come under my responsibilities either.
(2018-07-02, 11:12 AM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]Is the demo link of the production site for 1.9 still available?

http://mybb.jsoltesz.com/mybb-theme/
(2018-07-02, 12:20 PM)kawaii Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-02, 11:12 AM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]Is the demo link of the production site for 1.9 still available?

http://mybb.jsoltesz.com/mybb-theme/

Note that this site is actually MyBB 1.8 running the MyBB 1.9 theme. The 1.9 theme is currently being converted to Twig after which we will have a demo 1.9 board with the new theme and Twig available.
Have you guys thought about adding PWA to MyBB ?
Is there a possibility to have a better Plugin uploader something within the system like what SMF offers would love to see that in 1.9
(2018-07-06, 12:43 PM)Require Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a possibility to have a better Plugin uploader something within the system like what SMF offers would love to see that in 1.9
I don’t believe so, there is a plugin that does that though.
(2018-07-06, 12:43 PM)Require Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a possibility to have a better Plugin uploader something within the system like what SMF offers would love to see that in 1.9

This is beyond the scope of what we'll be including in 1.9, but there will likely be changes to the plugin system in a future 1.x release that could enable something like that.
It would be nice if a alert and mention system is added to mybb by default rather than install a plugin for that. Big Grin
(2018-07-06, 05:26 PM)susano Wrote: [ -> ]It would be nice if a alert and mention system is added to mybb by default rather than install a plugin for that. Big Grin

An alerts system will eventually be part of MyBB 1.10.