MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Those template comments are a vital debugging tool. I can't imagine the circumstance where they are not included in a production distribution by default. If a forum operator wishes to silence them, there's the adminCP configuration setting.
Yep. They should be added to 1.9. Please remind us if we forget prior to release.
(2022-09-13, 01:39 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Yep. They should be added to 1.9. Please remind us if we forget prior to release.

Sweet. Comments made my theming easier.

I've installed MyBB 1.9 dev on my localhost machine. I would like to help by reporting bugs/errors. Where can I do that?
If there is a list of what I should and shouldn't report would be helpful.
(2022-09-13, 10:53 AM)idila Wrote: [ -> ]I've installed MyBB 1.9 dev on my localhost machine. I would like to help by reporting bugs/errors. Where can I do that?

Probably as a thread or threads in this sub-forum. Related bugs (e.g., warnings on PHP 8) could be limited to a single thread, otherwise a new thread for each bug is probably best.

(2022-09-13, 10:53 AM)idila Wrote: [ -> ]If there is a list of what I should and shouldn't report would be helpful.

Nothing related to themes/templates in the ACP should be reported, because that hasn't been implemented yet. You are, for the moment, stuck with the default theme on 1.9.

I've been working on the theme system including ACP support on a branch in my own fork of MyBB 1.9, but it's not yet ready for testing.

Oh, and PHP 8 warnings shouldn't be reported either unless they are for new code. Mostly, they've already been fixed in 1.8, with some just needing to be replicated in 1.9.
(2022-09-13, 11:41 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-09-13, 10:53 AM)idila Wrote: [ -> ]I've installed MyBB 1.9 dev on my localhost machine. I would like to help by reporting bugs/errors. Where can I do that?

Oh, and PHP 8 warnings shouldn't be reported either unless they are for new code.

What do you mean by "new code"?
(2022-09-13, 12:44 PM)idila Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by "new code"?

Code that isn't present in 1.8 but is present in 1.9.
(2022-09-13, 12:47 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-09-13, 12:44 PM)idila Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by "new code"?

Code that isn't present in 1.8 but is present in 1.9.

Got it. But I am not sure how could I know what code is new.

What I can do is report the errors in a single thread and you could edit it and remove unnecessary reports.
(2022-09-13, 12:50 PM)idila Wrote: [ -> ]Got it. But I am not sure how could I know what code is new.

By comparing files in the feature branch (1.8) with those in the dev-1.9 branch

(2022-09-13, 12:50 PM)idila Wrote: [ -> ]What I can do is report the errors in a single thread and you could edit it and remove unnecessary reports.

That should be fine.
(2022-08-25, 07:57 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Easy to say from a guy who joined 3 months ago. I've been here for 16 years. That's 64 times longer than you. So when you tell us that we have "audacity and entitlement", yes...maybe we do. But you have arrogance and naivety. You don't know WTF you're talking about. This thread is 4 1/2 years old and the community waited years before that too for MyBB 2.0.

Let's see if you're here in a year or two spouting that same garbage.

No, you are not entitled to anything regarding MyBB software development.
In fact, aside from the MyBB Development team, no one is entitled to dictate the direction and development of MyBB.

Why don't you go ahead and fork your own version of MyBB?

That's what you stated that you were planning to do. What happened to that plan?
Sure, if labrocca wants to fork MyBB I'll be happy to come by and say hi, help a little. We can cross-pollinate.