MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-02-23, 09:00 PM)DevLife Wrote: [ -> ]Could the group images be CSS based as well?

There's some conversation currently around this. One option that I quite like the idea of is that you could define a template name for each user group to render images/text/banners/whatever. The template for a user's display group would then be used to show the user's name and such.
Since we released 1.8.20 yesterday, I've merged Justin's theme PR as I mentioned before: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/commit/74e8...cbd79db892

My next step is to rebase the 1.9 code to incorporate all of the latest fixes from 1.8.20. The next step from there is to finish some work I started on user CP/mod CP/PM menus to allow plugins to easily modify them. The step after that is to complete my SwiftMailer integration.

I plan to start the rebase on Sunday as I'm away for most of the weekend. I expect the rebase process will likely take me until Tuesday night to complete as it's going to be quite a big task with a lot of conflicts.

Once the rebase is complete, the menus and SwiftMailer integration should be completed by next weekend and then I'll post another status update.

I'm trying to get into the habit of regular status updates again in order to push myself forward.
(2019-02-28, 08:46 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Since we released 1.8.20 yesterday, I've merged Justin's theme PR as I mentioned before: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/commit/74e8...cbd79db892

My next step is to rebase the 1.9 code to incorporate all of the latest fixes from 1.8.20. The next step from there is to finish some work I started on user CP/mod CP/PM menus to allow plugins to easily modify them. The step after that is to complete my SwiftMailer integration.

I plan to start the rebase on Sunday as I'm away for most of the weekend. I expect the rebase process will likely take me until Tuesday night to complete as it's going to be quite a big task with a lot of conflicts.

Once the rebase is complete, the menus and SwiftMailer integration should be completed by next weekend and then I'll post another status update.

I'm trying to get into the habit of regular status updates again in order to push myself forward.

Adding to this, while the new theme PR has been merged, there are still some outstanding issues with the theme and other pieces that are incomplete that I still need to work on. These will be fixed in a future pull request.
When you think it out
(2019-03-01, 12:22 PM)Smokin Shaun Wrote: [ -> ]When you think it out

We don't give out specifics unfortunately as we can't guarantee we can stick to them. The team is working hard on 1.9 and you can follow our progress on Github. Euan mentioned he will be posting regular updates here so it may be an idea to also keep an eye out here.
Hey guys,

Thanks for your work on 1.9! I want to start a big project with MyBB. Should I wait for 1.9 or can I update very easily from 1.8 to 1.9?

MyBB 1.8 plugins will not work for 1.9?

Someone knows the release date? In about. .. 2 months? 6 months? 1 year?

Thanks to all
All I can say is that it will take some time. That is my opinion as a neutral user.

Most plugins and themes might not work with 1.9, but gradually the support might be added. I believe that the upgrade process will be smooth.
Thanks for your answer.

"Take some time" means 1 year+? Smile
Lesser, that is just my guess. Somewhere before 2020 according to various posts by team members.
Yes, the plan is to release at some point this year.