MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2023-04-03, 02:39 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-04-02, 10:39 AM)wamp Wrote: [ -> ]Request you to release the Mobile friendly version of MyBB 1.9 as soon as possible. Feeling very disappointed that the development of MyBB 1.9 is so slow.

Do you think asking for it to be released faster will somehow change anything? You can't be disappointed that you have to wait for something you're getting for free.

Many years ago, I chose MyBB for one of my mega project which is based on wamp server in an organization, internal discussion forum. I didn't know at that time that the smartphone technology would revolutionize the world and the whole world would start browsing the web with their smart phones. It's been almost a decade and MyBB is yet to release an official smartphone-friendly version.

As of today 99 percent of my visitor use the project on their smartphone. I don't like to use unofficial version of responsive theme because of update problem.

I love the MyBB software so much but I hate waiting so long for the MyBB 1.9 version.

Best Regards,
(2023-04-05, 06:59 AM)wamp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-04-02, 10:39 AM)wamp Wrote: [ -> ]Request you to release the Mobile friendly version of MyBB 1.9 as soon as possible. Feeling very disappointed that the development of MyBB 1.9 is so slow.

Do you think asking for it to be released faster will somehow change anything? You can't be disappointed that you have to wait for something you're getting for free.

Many years ago, I chose MyBB for one of my mega project which is based on wamp server in an organization, internal discussion forum. I didn't know at that time that the smartphone technology would revolutionize the world and the whole world would start browsing the web with their smart phones. It's been almost a decade and MyBB is yet to release an official smartphone-friendly version.

As of today 99 percent of my visitor use the project on their smartphone. I don't like to use unofficial version of responsive theme because of update problem.

I love the MyBB software so much but I hate waiting so long for the MyBB 1.9 version.

Best Regards,

You're still asking volunteers who are giving you something for free to hurry up. Feel free to contribute. MyBB is open source.
(2023-04-05, 10:54 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]

Best Regards,

You're still asking volunteers who are giving you something for free to hurry up. Feel free to contribute. MyBB is open source.

If I really love MyBB and it's free that doesn't mean the developers of MyBB are putting us a decade behind the world. Either it should be announced that the MyBB project is over to put my mind at ease.

I'm keeping quiet like most of MyBB users, wondering when MyBB 1.9 will be released. Until then, I don't know whether I will become a father or a grandfather. And it's possible that my voice will be silenced. It may also happen that by the time MyBB 1.9 is released, there will be another technology revolution in the world like AI. It is very sad to see this situation of MyBB.

Keeping in view the democratic values, I am sure that my true voice will not be suppressed.

Long live democracy & MyBB.

Putting myself of airplane mode.

Best Regards,
Your opinion should be respected no matter who the moderator is.  

I am also a MYBB lover, it was many years with this wonderful bulletin board, unfortunately I was disappointed with the development of mybb 1.9, the fact that it is FREE does not mean that I have to support their decision in the development, the only thing that you will find are answers like:

- It's free, what do you expect?
- Do you want it to come out, run and help in the programming via github?
- If it's free why are you disappointed?
- Fork GitHub and star collaborate with the project.

Answers like that... answers like these reflect how poor and mediocre the project is.
how poor and little support there is, and when a customer, like us, asks, you will always find the simple and empty answers... it's free, what do you expect!

maybe the project is only for programmers in present time.

Fork Github Big Grin
(2023-04-06, 10:49 PM)DiegoPino Wrote: [ -> ]Your opinion should be respected no matter who the moderator is.  

I am also a MYBB lover, it was many years with this wonderful bulletin board, unfortunately I was disappointed with the development of mybb 1.9, the fact that it is FREE does not mean that I have to support their decision in the development, the only thing that you will find are answers like:

- It's free, what do you expect?
- Do you want it to come out, run and help in the programming via github?
- If it's free why are you disappointed?
- Fork GitHub and star collaborate with the project.

Answers like that... answers like these reflect how poor and mediocre the project is.
how poor and little support there is, and when a customer, like us, asks, you will always find the simple and empty answers... it's free, what do you expect!

maybe the project is only for programmers in present time.

Fork Github  Big Grin

Thank you for agreeing with my opinion. Best wishes for MyBB 1.9 and hope for a quick release.

Best Regards,
(2023-04-06, 06:33 AM)wamp Wrote: [ -> ]Either it should be announced that the MyBB project is over to put my mind at ease.

(2023-04-06, 06:33 AM)wamp Wrote: [ -> ]Keeping in view the democratic values, I am sure that my true voice will not be suppressed.

"Do what I want because I'm frustrated unpaid volunteers aren't working hard enough" is hardly democratic. Nobody is "suppressing your voice". You're being told to either contribute to the solution or stop complaining. There's no difference between you and the people developing MyBB. We're all just regular people who contribute to MyBB as a hobby.
(2023-04-07, 10:41 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-04-06, 06:33 AM)wamp Wrote: [ -> ]Either it should be announced that the MyBB project is over to put my mind at ease.

(2023-04-06, 06:33 AM)wamp Wrote: [ -> ]Keeping in view the democratic values, I am sure that my true voice will not be suppressed.

"Do what I want because I'm frustrated unpaid volunteers aren't working hard enough" is hardly democratic. Nobody is "suppressing your voice". You're being told to either contribute to the solution or stop complaining. There's no difference between you and the people developing MyBB. We're all just regular people who contribute to MyBB as a hobby.

I pray to Allah Almighty for a good future for MyBB 1.9, and I hope that MyBB 1.9 will touch the heights of the sky again like before. MyBB  1.9 software is my love and I don't like to talk bad about it. Hope for the best. One day when I see the brand new version of MyBB 1.9, all my frustration will be gone. Prayers for the developers and contributors of MyBB project. Ramadan Kareem

Thanks and best regards,

The new version of MyBB 1.9 should be super SEO friendly, like it was in 2010.

I am proud to be a part of MyBB family and I Love MyBB since 2009.

Develop your own forum software it's not easy, on top of that MyBB is free and open source so the guy's who work and developing MyBB 1.9 and further projects are volunteers. They have families and other priorities outside of internet world, sometimes developments can take up to years but it's all about the timing and everyone who is behind working on it, not only that but much how time they can give into it too. Just understand this mate not everyone can sit on they're computers 24/7, we're all grown ups so are the team some may even have jobs outside of MyBB which am sure they do.
(2023-04-05, 10:54 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]

Best Regards,

why don't we try to develop the project for a low fee?
(2023-05-17, 09:33 PM)cocukadam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-04-05, 10:54 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]

Best Regards,

why don't we try to develop the project for a low fee?

Because the MyBB Project is created by volunteers, and it's free and open-source. I hope the 1.9 release will come soon, cause 1.4, 1.6 and 1.8 were on fast release, and 1.9 have big changes made already, but it might take time to make it done.