MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You/Like System v3.4.5 + MyAlerts and Tapatalk support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It works fine with MyAlerts - use GitHub version of MyAlerts...
(2021-05-06, 06:50 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]It works fine with MyAlerts - use GitHub version of MyAlerts...

My theme is compatible with Myalerts 2.0.2. Would it be a problem if we run this plugin with myalerts version 2.0.2?
(2016-10-26, 09:17 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Please go to your ACP -> Tools & Maintance -> Thank You/Like recount -> leave 500 and pres "Go"

I tried and got this message: "The thanks/likes have been recounted successfully.",
but the "Total Likes Received" and "-Given" are still at 0.

The strange thing is, it only took 1 second for the success message to show up.
It seems it did actually nothing. Any idea what the reason could be?

PHP 7.3
MYBB 1.8.26
Plugin: 3.4.2

PS. Thank you for this great plugin. Hope I can fix that.
cancel
(2021-06-20, 02:16 AM)skrilaxrev Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-26, 09:17 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Please go to your ACP -> Tools & Maintance -> Thank You/Like recount -> leave 500 and pres "Go"

I tried and got this message: "The thanks/likes have been recounted successfully.",
but the "Total Likes Received" and "-Given" are still at 0.

The strange thing is, it only took 1 second for the success message to show up.
It seems it did actually nothing. Any idea what the reason could be?

PHP 7.3
MYBB 1.8.26
Plugin: 3.4.2

PS. Thank you for this great plugin. Hope I can fix that.

So, just to understand right what this function does:

Is it counting the reputations from the reputation page to show the right amount of total likes received / given or not?

This:

[attachment=44142]

To this:

[attachment=44143]

?

Otherwise it would be pretty useless for what I want, changing from "MyLikes" to this plugin.

Or is there any other way to count the likes "backwards"?
Because the recount is not working (read above why).

But if this function should already do this, please give me a hint what to check why the recount is not working in my case.

Hope for some help, this is one of my last barriers before updating my forum.
(2021-06-21, 12:47 AM)skrilaxrev Wrote: [ -> ]Is it counting the reputations from the reputation page to show the right amount of total likes received / given or not?

Unfortunately, given what you want, it is not doing that. This plugin stores its likes in an independent table which does not reference reputations at all. In installing it for the first time, you are starting from scratch with respect to likes and counts.

(2021-06-21, 12:47 AM)skrilaxrev Wrote: [ -> ][W]hat I want [is] changing from "MyLikes" to this plugin.

If you wanted reputations to be converted into likes for this plugin, then you would need a conversion script. I am not aware of any existing one.
(2021-06-21, 12:57 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]If you wanted reputations to be converted into likes for this plugin, then you would need a conversion script. I am not aware of any existing one.

Thank you for your feedback, Laird!

Well, that explained it. Would it be difficult to setup such a conversion script? If I assign a plugin programer with it, do you think he could handle it? And how much money should I pay him for this? Would be happy to hear your opinion, because I have no idea about it.

Also, if the official developers of this plugin would think about such an adjustment, I would spend some money for that.
what i know MyLikes doesn't change reputation system of mybb... this is only replaces the rate button in the postbit with a like one which adds a "+1" post reputation.

and Thank You/Like System appear support reputation system of mybb...

so you only need unistall MyLikes and install Thank You/Like System... Of cource only done this after backup your DB.

How convert Reputation System of Mybb to Thank You/Like System you can ask here to developer of this plugin...
MyLikes is already uninstalled and Thank you Likes is already installed. I had no problems with that (or I don't understand what you mean).
The only problem here is, that likes given before the installation of Thank you Likes are shown neither in the profils nor under the posts.

In my opinion this makes the switching from other Like Plugins to this one more complicated as it maybe has to, especially because Thank You Likes is using his own database columns.

(2021-06-22, 02:44 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]How convert Reputation System of Mybb to Thank You/Like System you can ask here to developer of this plugin...

That's why I am posting here and I hope for a reaction from the developers. On the other hand, I think there is no "How to", but just a need for a conversion script, as Laird was pointing out.
(2021-06-22, 03:37 AM)skrilaxrev Wrote: [ -> ]That's why I am posting here and I hope for a reaction from the developers. On the other hand, I think there is no "How to", but just a need for a conversion script, as Laird was pointing out.

strange...
because of feature of this plugin

[Image: 9F19KHt.png]

I created converter.

Based from this https://github.com/mybbgroup/Thank-you-l...verter.php

***** Only Positive Reputation will conveted ******

1 - Make backup of DB (Important!!!!!)
2- Upload Attachment to root
3 - Run script "your forum link"/convert_rep.php
4 - Run Recount thanks/likes
5 - Check if all ok...
6 - Remove convert_rep.php file to avoid accident

If appear error in step 3 please post here error message.