MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You/Like System v3.4.5 + MyAlerts and Tapatalk support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Bradley Varol

First of all, this mod is looking great. Installed it 30 mins ago and have it nicely formatted with my site, relatively easily compared to other plugins and systems.
We would like our users to be able to "upvote" threads, allowing us to see the top threads so we can use them as features on the other parts of our site.
I've tried using MyBB's rating system, but that's not really what we wanted. We just wanted a single upvote button, similar to reddit.
I also tried "Rate me a Funny", which was a cool plugin but a bit bloated for our needs.
Then i found your plugin and i must say i love the plenty of config options.

There is one thing i'd like to see, or perhaps you could even provide me the code;
I'd like users to be able to see a threads number of Likes/Thanks in the Forum Display, with the ability to sort.

You think this is easily possible?

Thanks Smile

Edit: Just saw the plugin by SvePu. This is useful for now, but i'd love to see a sortable ty/l in the forum display.

Edit 2:We just noticed that the liking system refreshes the entire page. Is there a way we can use ajax to avoid this? It's not ideal for mobile users.
This plugin uses AJAX, no refresh is needed. Check all template changes
Verify that you have in the right place script files, js i mean.

And make sure it was called by templates on showthread page, that can do the job of ajax.

If problem exists and all is in right place, then you can have an issue on your js code implementations.

See yah !!!

Bradley Varol

(2016-05-20, 04:48 PM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]Verify that you have in the right place script files, js i mean.

And make sure it was called by templates on showthread page, that can do the job of ajax.

If problem exists and all is in right place, then you can have an issue on your js code implementations.

See yah !!!

I actually copied the code from one of the templates and pasted it straight into my Post Bit template. Perhaps this is the problem. Will report back asap. Thanks!

I've reverted all templates and clicking Like/Unliked refreshes the page...
Have you any idea what this might be?
js error.

Can you send me an acount of test, registered user only.

And your forum url, if you wish send me detail by pm.
@Dark Neo - thank you for your support and time!
Ok i receive data and see what is happening.

Error is due your theme, you have bootstrap and a call of duplicated entries. jQuery library and cookie have called more than once and that allways brokes ajax on mybb or any program working with jQuery and cookie plugin.

By default mybb got both, so you have not to add again that libraries, due that can produce some errors, on your forum i see many errors due that.

You have to fix all errors on your theme and then use ajax, and plugins with that improvements and all have to work fine.

See yah !!!

Bradley Varol

What's the best way to troubleshoot this?
Is there some program that can check the site's code and see what is being loaded?
Looking through every file is going to take a long time.
We are good with php, css and html, but nothing js.
I didn't even know that loading the same js more than once can cause problems.

Thanks mate! Smile
Is there like a dislike function on this plugin?
(2016-06-19, 04:57 AM)Aiko Wrote: [ -> ]Is there like a dislike function on this plugin?

No, but... The dev should implement this function, ASAP.

Is the major requisition in this plugin. I dont know why, i dont think is hard to do that.