MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You/Like System v3.4.5 + MyAlerts and Tapatalk support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
^ in the plugin settings (at forum admin panel) "Allow Removing" option is available
Quote:Allow Removing
Do you want to allow the removing of Thanks/Like from a post already Thanked/Liked?
(2016-06-19, 08:25 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ in the plugin settings (at forum admin panel) "Allow Removing" option is available
Quote:Allow Removing
Do you want to allow the removing of Thanks/Like from a post already Thanked/Liked?

Sorry m, i was not clear in this point.

The function what im saying (and major requisition by users) is not 'undo the like' (removing the like), is the "Dont Like" button, like in major social network today. A plugin that cover more social interactions than just "liking something".
(2016-06-19, 07:03 AM)palhanow Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-19, 04:57 AM)Aiko Wrote: [ -> ]Is there like a dislike function on this plugin?

No, but... The dev should implement this function, ASAP.

Is the major requisition in this plugin. I dont know why, i dont think is hard to do that.

Feel free to push your PR with this feature into our branch here on GitHub - https://github.com/Cu8eR/MyBB_Thank-you-like-plugin

MyBB is our hobby, not a paid job. Our code is public, so feel free to adjust it under GPL.
(2016-06-19, 07:11 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-19, 07:03 AM)palhanow Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-19, 04:57 AM)Aiko Wrote: [ -> ]Is there like a dislike function on this plugin?

No, but... The dev should implement this function, ASAP.

Is the major requisition in this plugin. I dont know why, i dont think is hard to do that.

Feel free to push your PR with this feature into our branch here on GitHub - https://github.com/Cu8eR/MyBB_Thank-you-like-plugin

MyBB is our hobby, not a paid job. Our code is public, so feel free to adjust it under GPL.

Is just a suggestion. Im not a coder, so, sorry if this sound like a "easy task". The respect that i have for coders and devs is beyond i have for any other profession. You guys are the future of the world.

My suggestion is only because social networks evolve in some points and discussions boards are so good that they are here since the creation of the internet, and sometimes, discussion boards get a little hanged in the past.

In a "post world" like today (facebook, twitter, and etc.), the social networks mastered the 'emotional' interactions by users and forums systems no, staying in the 'quote' system and thats it. (Well, i have to use your plugin to have this feature in my Forum and most board systems implemented the 'like' option very recently). Discussion boards don't have a proper social profile, ok, its a discussion board, but, a little of social interaction is good, won't hurt. After all, its a discussion board with PEOPLE interacting about a subject. And PEOPLE WANT TO EXPRESS THEIR FEELINGS.

I can pay for a feature like this and i know MANY PEOPLE would pay a fair price too, just like in this thread, look so many people requesting this. For exemple: Like/Dislike - Dont Like This - Happy With This - Sad With This - Angry About This... Something like this. You can even sell this like a 'premium feature' and i would be happy to pay you.

I don't know if is a feature planned for MyBB 2.0, but, i think is essential for a Forum Business.

I rest my case now. Now i'm creating a Thread for suggesting this in 2.0.

Thanks for the reply.
A dislike button can get out of hand with users, like start forum brawls. Many systems i know of have only the like button option. I suppose it's a setting that could be added though.
indeed that option was mentioned before but i have no time to do it, de i have my own thanks mod and that mod can use only with thanks and only that mod have another improvements not present in this mod.

I don't want to add it the same options de both systems are diferent on many aspects. So that option was added and i o not want to add in here, but it can be added easily anyway.

You can compare both codes of thankyou mybb system and this, both are on github.
It is not easy to add, not a one hour job unfortunately Sad
I'm moving a fourm (mybb 1.8) to a new host.  When I click the Thanks button I get "/thankyoulike.php was not found on this server.  Note the beginning slash.  thankyoulike.php is in the inc/plugins directory.  What am I missing?
(2016-06-20, 11:43 PM)michvhf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm moving a fourm (mybb 1.8) to a new host.  When I click the Thanks button I get "/thankyoulike.php was not found on this server.  Note the beginning slash.  thankyoulike.php is in the inc/plugins directory.  What am I missing?

There is supposed to be a file in the root directory as well.
(2016-06-20, 11:54 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-20, 11:43 PM)michvhf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm moving a fourm (mybb 1.8) to a new host.  When I click the Thanks button I get "/thankyoulike.php was not found on this server.  Note the beginning slash.  thankyoulike.php is in the inc/plugins directory.  What am I missing?

There is supposed to be a file in the root directory as well.

Is it the same as the one in the plugins directory?  If so I can just add a symlink.