MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You/Like System v3.4.5 + MyAlerts and Tapatalk support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a wonderful plug-in -- thanks Eldenroot.

I do have a question. I've been running this plug-in for years and a large number of likes have accumulated on my forum. In hindsight, I should have enabled likes giving members a reputation point. As things stand, I have some members with 1000s of likes and reputation scores of 0.

Having enabled it now, years later, is there a way to assign reputation points accordingly? I tried running the reputation recount however this didn't work as hoped. Would something like this require a custom script? Is there a simple database command I can run to reconcile likes received with reputations?
This use to not to happen but when members like a post the rotating icon just keeps rotating and to get the like to show you either have to refresh the page or get out of the thread then back in it again? Any help would be really appreciate it. By the way it would be great if the likes were on this forum for you could like the members here. I bet the members here would appreciate that.
this plugin has sort by likes?
New version 3.4.4 released!
Thank you, Eldenroot.
(2023-01-29, 06:50 PM)mrdeltoid Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a simple database command I can run to reconcile likes received with reputations?

Yes:

insert into mybb_reputation (uid, adduid, pid, dateline, reputation, comments) select tyl.puid as uid, tyl.uid as adduid, tyl.pid, tyl.dateline as dateline, 1 as reputation, '' as comments from mybb_g33k_thankyoulike_thankyoulike tyl where not exists (select * from mybb_reputation r where r.uid = tyl.puid and r.adduid = tyl.uid and r.pid = tyl.pid);

Replace the table prefix mybb_ with your own if it is something different.

If you want to give more than one reputation point for each like, then change the 1 in 1 as reputation to the number you prefer. If you want to provide a non-empty comment for each inserted reputation, then provide a comment in between the single quotes in '' as comments.

Warning: this query might take a very long time to complete if the preexisting row count in your reputation table is large. You can fix this by adding an appropriate index with this SQL:

alter table mybb_reputation add key `uid_adduid_pid` (`uid`, `adduid`, `pid`);

Again, replace the table prefix mybb_ with your own if it is something different.

If you want to remove the index after you've run the main (first) query, then you can do so with this SQL:

alter table mybb_reputation drop key `uid_adduid_pid`;

(Same comment re table prefix).

After your DB query/queries are done, you'll need to run Recount Reputation via the Recount & Rebuild tool in the ACP.

(2023-02-09, 02:43 PM)Hierarchy Wrote: [ -> ]This use to not to happen but when members like a post the rotating icon just keeps rotating and to get the like to show you either have to refresh the page or get out of the thread then back in it again? Any help would be really appreciate it.

What do you see in the Console of your browser's Web Developer Tools when you click on "Like" (typically, pressing F12 brings up these tools)? You'll need to make sure that XHR is selected, then expand the request that gets shown in the Console when you click "Like", and post any error messages that are shown for its returned content.

(2023-02-10, 01:33 PM)nameasd Wrote: [ -> ]this plugin has sort by likes?

Nope. In which context do you want a sort by likes?
What do I need to change to make the text more visible?  Maybe change text color to white?  (See screen cap below...)

Also, I change the images to fontawesome but now the dislike button doesn't show and the ALT title is stuck on!  See 2nd & 3rd pic below...
(2023-03-23, 12:11 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]What do I need to change to make the text more visible?  Maybe change text color to white?  (See screen cap below...)

It's not really my place to advise you on design, but sure, changing the text colour to white seems plausible, or at least like a good place to start. You could open up Web Developer Tools in your browser and tinker with the element's (or elements') style(s) directly until you find something you like.

(2023-03-23, 12:11 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I change the images to fontawesome but now the dislike button doesn't show and the ALT title is stuck on!  See 2nd & 3rd pic below...

Unfortunately, that's not enough to go on. Can you please provide the URL of your board and access to a user account with permission to add/remove likes? You can PM me the account credentials, or just advise me to create a temporary account on your board for myself (which you can delete afterwards).

Oh, I think I misinterpreted this:

(2023-03-23, 12:11 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]What do I need to change to make the text more visible?  Maybe change text color to white?  (See screen cap below...)

To do that, you need to add this to the ACP's Templates & Style » Themes » [Your Theme] » thankyoulike.css:

span[id^=tyl_title_] {
	color: white;
}
(2023-03-24, 08:47 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]

It's not really my place to advise you on design, but sure, changing the text colour to white seems plausible, or at least like a good place to start. You could open up Web Developer Tools in your browser and tinker with the element's (or elements') style(s) directly until you find something you like.

(2023-03-23, 12:11 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I change the images to fontawesome but now the dislike button doesn't show and the ALT title is stuck on!  See 2nd & 3rd pic below...

Unfortunately, that's not enough to go on. Can you please provide the URL of your board and access to a user account with permission to add/remove likes? You can PM me the account credentials, or just advise me to create a temporary account on your board for myself (which you can delete afterwards).

Oh, I think I misinterpreted this:

To do that, you need to add this to the ACP's Templates & Style » Themes » [Your Theme] » thankyoulike.css:

span[id^=tyl_title_] {
	color: white;
}

Thanks!  That bit worked for the text color change!  I am still having some issues with the alt text being 'stuck on' and also, the fontawesome icon doesn't show when unlike is visible for some reason!  I will text you the login details!

Thanks for the assist!!
(2023-03-24, 05:45 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I will text you the login details!

Thanks - received and logged in OK.

(2023-03-24, 05:45 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I am still having some issues with the alt text being 'stuck on'

Can't replicate - neither on Firefox, Google Chrome, or Opera. Haven't spun up a VM to test on Edge. Probably this is a problem with whichever browser you're using. Have you tried any others?

(2023-03-24, 05:45 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]and also, the fontawesome icon doesn't show when unlike is visible for some reason!

This seems to be because you are using an ::after[1] specifier instead of a ::before[2] specifier, and only the ::before specifier[3] has all of the rules to reference FontAwesome and get it working.

[1] a.del_tyl_button span::after in thankyoulike.css
[2] (Replacing the above with) a.del_tyl_button span::before in thankyoulike.css
[3] Via the .postbit_buttons a span::before rule in global.css.

The solution is either to switch from ::after to ::before as indicated in [2] above, or to update the specifier in [3] above from what it is to: .postbit_buttons a span::before, .postbit_buttons a span::after.

(2023-03-24, 05:45 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the assist!!

No worries.