MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You/Like System v3.4.5 + MyAlerts and Tapatalk support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to drop a line saying that this plugin is great. It brought back the simple 'like this post' feature that our forum goers enjoyed in the past with different software (that we migrated from).

This plugin seems well integrated, and works good. Was easy to adjust to our theme as well.

Thank you for putting in the time to make this!
Hey guys, where can I edit the friendly notification box that pops up after you LIKE a post?  Seems like something is missing from the box content so I want to take a look and see if I can fix it up...see screen capture attached below.
(2023-08-04, 04:27 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, where can I edit the friendly notification box that pops up after you LIKE a post?  Seems like something is missing from the box content so I want to take a look and see if I can fix it up...see screen capture attached below.

Perhaps this is the same problem with same solution (fixed on GitHub, but new version not yet released):

https://community.mybb.com/thread-169382...pid1386012
(2023-08-05, 03:17 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-08-04, 04:27 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, where can I edit the friendly notification box that pops up after you LIKE a post?  Seems like something is missing from the box content so I want to take a look and see if I can fix it up...see screen capture attached below.

Perhaps this is the same problem with same solution (fixed on GitHub, but new version not yet released):

https://community.mybb.com/thread-169382...pid1386012

I guess I could have looked back a page and found it but thank you for the guidance, Laird!  Very helpful!!

Here is an issue that I didn't see elsewhere...on my forum with Roundo theme, the postbit list of people that liked a post shows normal on PC screen but on a smaller mobile screen, the layout is mixed up and the username is positioned out of place!  See screen captures below to see my situation!

Normal PC Screen:
[attachment=46207]

Mobile Screen:
[attachment=46208]
(2023-08-05, 12:17 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I could have looked back a page and found it but thank you for the guidance, Laird!  Very helpful!!

No worries, happy to have helped.

(2023-08-05, 12:17 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Here is an issue that I didn't see elsewhere...on my forum with Roundo theme, the postbit list of people that liked a post shows normal on PC screen but on a smaller mobile screen, the layout is mixed up and the username is positioned out of place!  See screen captures below to see my situation!

I can't reproduce this. Can you please link to a live page on which it's occurring?
New release v3.4.5 available!!!

Please download and rate here:
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...0&bid=5235

Changelog:
[FIXED] PHP 8.x compatibility fixes - warnings on post preview
[FIXED] PHP 8.x compatibility fixes - saving usergroup permissions
[FIXED] Member profile page - thank you/like box - parse text correctly
[FIXED] {1} not being replaced in jGrowl popup messages
[FIXED] Correct $db->query() to $db->write_query() as necessary

[IMPROVED] Rationalise new setting/lang names; remove error log file
[IMPROVED] Add the tyl_tnumtyls column back in
[IMPROVED] Add a setting to toggle core template changes!!!

Thank you @lairdshaw (aka Laird) !!!
(2023-08-06, 02:09 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-08-05, 12:17 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I could have looked back a page and found it but thank you for the guidance, Laird!  Very helpful!!

No worries, happy to have helped.

(2023-08-05, 12:17 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Here is an issue that I didn't see elsewhere...on my forum with Roundo theme, the postbit list of people that liked a post shows normal on PC screen but on a smaller mobile screen, the layout is mixed up and the username is positioned out of place!  See screen captures below to see my situation!

I can't reproduce this. Can you please link to a live page on which it's occurring?

Here is a live page with some likes to view...

https://alpharomeo15.org/Thread-DEALS-TH...469#pid469
(2023-08-08, 05:59 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a live page with some likes to view...

It looks like something (a plugin?) is adding a data-uid attribute to the <a> tags of member profile links, and in the Roundo theme's responsive.css stylesheet, in an @media section for when the screen width is 1200px or less, there's a specifier that floats them left when they occur within a post:
.post a[data-uid] {
	float:left;
  padding-right:10px;
}
I don't see the point of it, and possibly you can simply delete those four lines, but maybe first try commenting them out and see how you go.
(2023-08-09, 11:46 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-08-08, 05:59 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a live page with some likes to view...

It looks like something (a plugin?) is adding a data-uid attribute to the <a> tags of member profile links, and in the Roundo theme's responsive.css stylesheet, in an @media section for when the screen width is 1200px or less, there's a specifier that floats them left when they occur within a post:
.post a[data-uid] {
	float:left;
  padding-right:10px;
}
I don't see the point of it, and possibly you can simply delete those four lines, but maybe first try commenting them out and see how you go.

Good catch!  I starred at that code for an hour and didn't even notice that!   took those 4 lines out and it does look like it should on small screens now!  Member profile page shows Number of likes, several lines above the actual displayed number but I haven't looked to see why yet,...I think it was messed up before.

Thanks again for the fast and accurate assistance!!
Hello there !!

I made a mistake while upgrading. I closed the forum but forget to Deactivate the plugin.

I have done the upgrade the successfully. Everything is looking fine and also it is saying it is working fine with "MyAlerts " plugin.

I just wanna know. It is working fine now. But will it be ok since I made a mistake?