MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You/Like System v3.4.5 + MyAlerts and Tapatalk support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2023-03-25, 05:04 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-24, 05:45 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I will text you the login details!

Thanks - received and logged in OK.

(2023-03-24, 05:45 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I am still having some issues with the alt text being 'stuck on'

Can't replicate - neither on Firefox, Google Chrome, or Opera. Haven't spun up a VM to test on Edge. Probably this is a problem with whichever browser you're using. Have you tried any others?

(2023-03-24, 05:45 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]and also, the fontawesome icon doesn't show when unlike is visible for some reason!

This seems to be because you are using an ::after[1] specifier instead of a ::before[2] specifier, and only the ::before specifier[3] has all of the rules to reference FontAwesome and get it working.

[1] a.del_tyl_button span::after in thankyoulike.css
[2] (Replacing the above with) a.del_tyl_button span::before in thankyoulike.css
[3] Via the .postbit_buttons a span::before rule in global.css.

The solution is either to switch from ::after to ::before as indicated in [2] above, or to update the specifier in [3] above from what it is to: .postbit_buttons a span::before, .postbit_buttons a span::after.

(2023-03-24, 05:45 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the assist!!

No worries.
OK, I got the icon fixed!  But I noticed about the alt text sticking is that it sticks on what ever alt text is to be shown when you hover, but you have to click the link to make it stick.  I have tried in multiple browsers and even on my iPhone.  Only a page refresh makes the alt text disappear after you click either like or unlike.
(2023-03-25, 11:42 AM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I got the icon fixed!

Good to hear.

(2023-03-25, 11:42 AM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]But I noticed about the alt text sticking is that it sticks on what ever alt text is to be shown when you hover, but you have to click the link to make it stick.  I have tried in multiple browsers and even on my iPhone.  Only a page refresh makes the alt text disappear after you click either like or unlike.

Oh, I see and can replicate now. It's because the Duende theme uses the Tipsy plugin, which is suppressing default title (not alt) text popups, and generating its own funky pop-ups. The behaviour you're seeing seems to me to be a bug in Tipsy, but who really knows - maybe it's a(n unintended?) feature. Based on some testing (I created a second test account on your board for more thorough testing) after a bit of googling for a solution, I think that adding this somewhere between the <head> and </head> tags in your showthread template should fix the problem:

<script type="text/javascript">
$(function() {
	$('a[id^=tyl_btn_]').on('click', function() {
		$('.tipsy:last').remove();}
	);
});
</script>

Let me know how you go...
(2023-03-25, 12:23 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-25, 11:42 AM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I got the icon fixed!

Good to hear.

(2023-03-25, 11:42 AM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]But I noticed about the alt text sticking is that it sticks on what ever alt text is to be shown when you hover, but you have to click the link to make it stick.  I have tried in multiple browsers and even on my iPhone.  Only a page refresh makes the alt text disappear after you click either like or unlike.

Oh, I see and can replicate now. It's because the Duende theme uses the Tipsy plugin, which is suppressing default title (not alt) text popups, and generating its own funky pop-ups. The behaviour you're seeing seems to me to be a bug in Tipsy, but who really knows - maybe it's a(n unintended?) feature. Based on some testing (I created a second test account on your board for more thorough testing) after a bit of googling for a solution, I think that adding this somewhere between the <head> and </head> tags in your showthread template should fix the problem:

$(function() {
	$('a[id^=tyl_btn_]').on('click', function() {
		$('.tipsy:last').remove();}
	);
});
</script>

Let me know how you go...
Well, that is AWESOME!  Thank you!  It did fix the issue and the alt text pops up as normal.  The only thing I noticed now is the alt popup is formatted different.  Unless it is an easy fix, I am not even worried about it!  Your help has already helped me greatly!
(2023-03-25, 01:40 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Unless it is an easy fix

It was, but getting to it sure wasn't. It was slow, tedious, and full of false paths. Luckily, I'm a perfectionist, so that once I started, I couldn't stop until I got it right. Here's the result. Try replacing the code I gave you with this:
$(function() {
	g_tyl_btn_click_fn = function() {
		$('.tipsy:last').remove();
	}
	$('a[id^=tyl_btn_]').on('click', g_tyl_btn_click_fn);
	g_tyl_done_hook = function(data, pid) {
		$('#tyl_btn_'+pid).tipsy({
			gravity: $.fn.tipsy.autoNS,
			fade: true
		});
		$('#tyl_btn_'+pid).on('click', g_tyl_btn_click_fn);
	}
	tylAddDoneHooks.push(g_tyl_done_hook);
	tylDelDoneHooks.push(g_tyl_done_hook);
});
</script>
(2019-01-02, 09:29 AM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]The plugin works very good for default theme. But it isn't showing in any other themes. I am trying the latest Emerald theme now. And also is there any way to send notifications to the user that he or she has been thanked?

I just installed the Emerald Extended Theme as well. Unfortunately, I also found that the integration does not work completely. Especially the colors of the usernames (thanked) below the posts are identical to the background, so you can't read them if the "Emerald Extended" plugin is activated. Sad Is there any solution for that?
(2023-03-25, 04:38 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-25, 01:40 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Unless it is an easy fix

It was, but getting to it sure wasn't. It was slow, tedious, and full of false paths. Luckily, I'm a perfectionist, so that once I started, I couldn't stop until I got it right. Here's the result. Try replacing the code I gave you with this:
$(function() {
	g_tyl_btn_click_fn = function() {
		$('.tipsy:last').remove();
	}
	$('a[id^=tyl_btn_]').on('click', g_tyl_btn_click_fn);
	g_tyl_done_hook = function(data, pid) {
		$('#tyl_btn_'+pid).tipsy({
			gravity: $.fn.tipsy.autoNS,
			fade: true
		});
		$('#tyl_btn_'+pid).on('click', g_tyl_btn_click_fn);
	}
	tylAddDoneHooks.push(g_tyl_done_hook);
	tylDelDoneHooks.push(g_tyl_done_hook);
});
</script>

Laird, you are definitely a perfectionist and that script worked perfectly!  Thank you very much!!
(2023-03-27, 09:43 AM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Laird, you are definitely a perfectionist and that script worked perfectly!  Thank you very much!!

You're very welcome. Thanks for letting me know it worked. That helps. Smile
After latest mybb update, popup after thank you or remove thank you its broken. Shows {1} in popup.
(2023-05-31, 07:18 PM)aleksandrov Wrote: [ -> ]After latest mybb update, popup after thank you or remove thank you its broken. Shows {1} in popup.

Confirmed.

A fix seems to be to replace in inc/plugins/thankyoulike.php all occurrences of:
	$lang->load("thankyoulike");
with:
	if (empty($lang->tyl_send)) {
	}

The instances of $lang->load("thankyoulike"); can also be similarly replaced in the root thankyoulike.php and tylsearch.php files, but this probably isn't necessary.

We'll fix this for the next release.
(2023-06-01, 01:14 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-05-31, 07:18 PM)aleksandrov Wrote: [ -> ]After latest mybb update, popup after thank you or remove thank you its broken. Shows {1} in popup.

Confirmed.

A fix seems to be to replace in inc/plugins/thankyoulike.php all occurrences of:
with:
	if (empty($lang->tyl_send)) {
	}

The instances of $lang->load("thankyoulike"); can also be similarly replaced in the root thankyoulike.php and tylsearch.php files, but this probably isn't necessary.

We'll fix this for the next release.

Thank you Smile