MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You/Like System v3.4.5 + MyAlerts and Tapatalk support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Because you do not have a web with many visitors at day and every people need to see what is going on.

When server is bussy then you realy apreciate this.

But if you hate it only delete that and done i prefer to alllways see what is going on when press something, and when i receive and send data to some site.

For that reasons i implement the antiflood, limit thanks per day and more improvemets on my own mod.

Take on mind this mod is not my mod, i only contribute when i have time to do but my own priorities are this.

My life, my health and then pay mods, my own mods. And finally if i have more time contribute when other mods if i have the time and the health to do it.

But only remove jgrowl and you have it.

I use other methods on my mods, but you can use what you want and you are free to do it.

Disable cache headers.

And yes allways appear some stuff like that, if i think like you then i say mybb is very buggy, but as programmer i know how and why.

The tip is only to let the users know there are a task runing and he have to wait until all are done reflection on change of button to new status.

Ajax allways works on send, retrieve and success.

So i allways work in that way and for me it makes sense.

I click on a button, in this i will show a tip to let it know a user their data was sended, so then when data is retrieving other stuff happens and when complete then another thing happens. And benefeits of ajax are very usefull.

Anyway disable cache headers, and delete js for tyl and done, you have what you want.

My point is i prefer to advice a user to not double or tiple click on some if there is a proccess running because if ajax was satured then you can break all and your server have to go down.

So i use this, at least on my mod,

a loader when he clicks on it, then when all is done the loader dissapear and then a tip appears to let you know your task was finished and you can do other stuff.

But in this mod i will not work anymore or in others due i have o time to do, i am working on my own projects ad i see the user who brings support for this was use all the addittions i have in my own mod, but what is the purpose to repeat two mods with same functionabilities ?

Then i can add all the adds of this mod and mae works my own mod with tapatalk changing url requests and get some code addittions but personally tapatalk sucks, have a lot of bugs and brokes all plugins compatibilities, they only add what they want and when they want. So i prefer to work on my own mod and it is here on mods site and i allways try to up to date, but right now i prefer to say you use this mod. Because @Eldenroot is a good guy who contributes o all he can, and for that reason i add it some of my own codes tested for this mod, like MyAlerts and ajax adds. In the fact the only thanks mod working on MyBB 1.6.x series is mine mod, and the first and only one of thanks mod working with many improvements thinked by me and i do not copy none to no one are mine mod. My mod works on mybb 1.7.x series without problems and was the first one released thanks for this series 1.8.x.

Is the first one to works fine with MyAlerts, so i take my own code and set it here, but i do not want to set all my code because is a waste of time, i know my code works because i work very hard on tests ad no one helps me to test none of my mods.

So if you can understand that you can know why i will not support anymore, and my health is down some years ago i got sickness and then doctors try to help me and they can not, i have a chronical stomach problem and that can causes cancer.

Every day is a new opportunity for me so i have not to work more than i can. Sorry but i can not help to your purposes and this is not a bug only i reccommend you to read and learn about ajax.

Because that what you called bug is not a bug at all is and advice of you are sending a request to server. Then you have to wait until s done. And is a very easy way to change it to make more visually to understand. I make it on mine mod, but in this one you have to wait to authors for they do the work. I olny say that you are in the bad way to undertand the purpose of that tip, that os all.

Tip never says you are done like added successfully. it says sending like.... At least on the code additions i make for this mod. Sending is not successfully, what part of that you do not undertand ?
New version is closer and closer Smile Many improvements and bug fixes. I would like to highlight these:
* limit thanks/likes per day (user/24 h) with usergroups support
* new usergroup promotion for thanks/likes GIVEN parameter
* add an ability to adding thanks/likes to own posts (with settings)
* jGowl notifications fixed
* clean up code and much more!

Thank you @SvePu for your contribution!
Stay tuned! You can check our GitHub.

NOTE: Please wait for a stable release, do not use in development code on your live boards
(2017-01-17, 02:46 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]New version is closer and closer Smile Many improvements and bug fixes. I would like to highlight these:
* limit thanks/likes per day (user/24 h) with usergroups support
* new usergroup promotion for thanks/likes GIVEN parameter
* add an ability to adding thanks/likes to own posts (with settings)
* jGowl notifications fixed
* clean up code and much more!

Thank you @SvePu for your contribution!
Stay tuned! You can check our GitHub.

NOTE: Please wait for a stable release, do not use in development code on your live boards

Thank you for your work on this plugin.

Can you, when the new version is ready, also explain how to upgrade the plugin without lost likes?

I'm afraid to lost all.. Sad

Thank you
New version will be there soon™ Wink

You can update without losing data, just like @SvePu shown few posts back in his video tutorial.

@Dark Neo - thank you for your kind words! I wish you recover soon!
Hello, great plugin, though I have a question.
For some reason, I am unable to actually thank/like any posts. Whenever I do, I get the pop-up, "adding like to this post," but then I get the blue loading wheel of death on my cursor and I've waited up to fifteen minutes with nothing happening. I try to refresh and see if that'll change anything, but it's as if I never clicked the like button in the first place.

And yes, I do have MyAlerts installed, if that makes any difference.
If you use custom theme you have to check all templates additions. This is probably a JS issue. Check it it default MyBB theme - if it works, check your custom theme and apply changes. I wont support custom themes.
Well, I checked, and it still does that on the default theme. *shrugs* Thanks for replying so quickly, by the way. Smile
Where can i find your giithub?
(2017-01-20, 05:25 PM)AlexanderPep Wrote: [ -> ]Where can i find your giithub?

Here => https://github.com/Cu8eeeR/MyBB_Thank-you-like-plugin
Hi, I updated my forum to the latest myBB version, but now it won't show the list of thanks below the buttons in each post. I tried with the default theme but it also does not show up there, and I tried deactivating and reactivating the plugin.

Is there a field I should add to the postbit_classic?