MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You/Like System v3.4.5 + MyAlerts and Tapatalk support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-05-10, 01:26 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have access to your web server's error log to get more information on this 500 Internal Server Error? If so, please provide those details.

Yes, I have it:

[Sun May 10 05:16:23.331143 2020] [cgi:error] [pid 4619] [client 94.244.131.8:45320] AH01215: PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '[' in /var/www/mk90/data/www/SITENAME/forum/thankyoulike.php on line 81: /var/www/php-bin-isp-php53/mk90/php, referer: http://SITENAME/forum/showthread.php?tid=1759&pid=42095
^ your web server is using older version of php. contact web host for upgrading php [can be upgraded to 7.2.x]
Yeah, please upgrade your PHP version, I recommend at least 7.2 but TYL is working with 7.4 too (tested)
(2020-05-10, 04:24 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ your web server is using older version of php. contact web host for upgrading php [can be upgraded to 7.2.x]
(2020-05-10, 09:05 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, please upgrade your PHP version, I recommend at least 7.2 but TYL is working with 7.4 too (tested)

Thank you very much for clarification! Indeed, I use old PHP version (5.3.29), but it's supported by latest MyBB.
Maybe it's worth to state PHP requirements for plugin here?

I updated PHP to 5.6.40 and it became functional.
(I will be happy to completely follow your advice and use PHP 7+, but my wordpress theme I use on same website not support that version)

Now it became obvious that MyBB theme (NetPen) I using not support plugin properly.

I clicked small square (which I have instead of thank button) to add thank to post, and it counted this thank, but not indicated that on post itself.
Here is the screenshot:
[attachment=42842]

Is there any possibility to drop some code to template and get that indication?
Check PHP roadmap - php 5.6 is no more supported.

This plugin will be always compatible only with the actively supported and maintained php versions
(2020-05-11, 01:57 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Check PHP roadmap - php 5.6 is no more supported.
This plugin will be always compatible only with the actively supported and maintained php versions

Ok, that's correct.
Since I still have to replace my Wordpress theme, I have to wait a bit.

Do you think those issues with absence of Thank you indication on post caused by old PHP?
(2020-05-10, 08:23 PM)owlman Wrote: [ -> ]I clicked small square (which I have instead of thank button) to add thank to post, and it counted this thank, but not indicated that on post itself.

The best way to start to debug this issue is to bring up your web browser's developer tools console and check for any Javascript errors. In most browsers (at least Firefox and Google Chrome), you can bring up the developer tools by pressing F12. Please share with us any errors that are listed.
Dear all,

Thank you very much for your help.

(2020-05-11, 01:57 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]This plugin will be always compatible only with the actively supported and maintained php versions

I updated PHP to 7.3 and there are still a lot of errors which affect functionality. Preparing to fix at least 5 observed errors.

Confused  As Netpen theme is among top on MyBB extend section I thought it suppose to works with current MyBB and major plugins Sad
I will try to post somewhere on theme support, maybe there are users already performed respective debug.
This plugin is fully compatible with the latest MyBB default theme. If you use any custom theme, xontact your theme developer to solve all issues. We have almost 20k downloads and no issue, so it is something related to your board and theme.
*edited* never-mind, problem solved