MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You/Like System v3.4.5 + MyAlerts and Tapatalk support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys - great plugin Smile

I'm having an small issue related to this plugin and "Alerts" where users are not always alerted to a "Thankyou". It seems like that they are always notified of an initial "Thankyou", but further "Thankyou" don't always provide an alert (I.e. "Thankyou" alerts are intermittent)

I've also noted the issues on the "Thankyou" plugin thread, as I'm unsure which plugin is at fault

Any help is appreciated Smile

Thank You/Like System (2.1.0)
MyAlerts (2.0.3)
MyBB Version (1.8.12)
PHP Version (5.6.31)
MySQL 10.1.24
@NotAdmin - it is not a bug, it is expected behaviour.
(2017-11-06, 08:54 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]@NotAdmin - it is not a bug, it is expected behaviour.

Can you explain how the behaviour works?

Why does it not simply alert on each Thank You/Like?
MyAlerts limitation + only one alert is sent to user for one post.
(2017-11-07, 05:38 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]MyAlerts limitation + only one alert is sent to user for one post.

Thanks  Smile

Could it be made more dynamic; instead of alerting who has liked/thanked a post, instead alert how many likes/thanks a post has got since the last alert

I.e. Your post "RE: XYZ" has got a new like Your post "RE: XYZ" has got 5 likes

Would that not avoid the limitations, but provide a bit more information to members?

I think most aren't too bothered about who has liked a post (and can see that in the post) but like to know which one of their posts is gaining recognition
Good feature request, anyway I am not sure if it is possible. I created an issue on our GitHub
Hello Smile

I have installed this with no errors and the buttons do show up on the post bits but upon clicking on them nothing happens.....
I've tested it on the MyBB default theme as well as my other theme.
I have read in earlier posts on this thread it might be a jscript problem, how can I fix this please Smile
Hello.

After I upgrade to myBB 1.8.14 the template is kinda messed, it's in the wrong line and with the wrong image:

https://gyazo.com/2b035a9aefa5500dbf9bf75d0abff0ae

Seems to be working normally (adding/removing the "Thank You"), just the template is wrong.
(2017-11-28, 04:10 PM)maozao Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.

After I upgrade to myBB 1.8.14 the template is kinda messed, it's in the wrong line and with the wrong image:

https://gyazo.com/2b035a9aefa5500dbf9bf75d0abff0ae

Seems to be working normally (adding/removing the "Thank You"), just the template is wrong.

I have the same problem after the latest myBB update. I tried doing manual updates or through softaculous, either way still causes this to occur. Any fix yet? It looks pretty bad as the button shows up in a bad spot on our forum.
(2017-12-01, 02:41 AM)MrLot Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem after the latest myBB update. I tried doing manual updates or through softaculous, either way still causes this to occur. Any fix yet? It looks pretty bad as the button shows up in a bad spot on our forum.

Oh good, at least it's not only me with this problem Big Grin