MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You/Like System v3.4.5 + MyAlerts and Tapatalk support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Release Name:
  • Thank You/Like System

Release Description:
  • Thank You/Like System enables users to "Thank" or "Like" posts thus showing their appreciation for a post without necessarily having to bump the thread. This plugin is completely customizable where nearly every aspect of the plugin can be controlled from the settings page. Take a look at the screenshots or the live demo for more info on the available options and usability.
  • This plugin was created by -G33K- for MyBB v1.4/1.6. Unfortunately it had not been maintained for over 3 years until ATofighi released first modified version compatible with MyBB v1.8. After couple of months we (EldenrootSvePu, Laird, chack1172 and @Dark Neo) decided to continue develop this amazing plugin for MyBB and make it even better. We focus on fixing bugs and adding new features which were missing in the original "legacy" version. 

MyBB Compatibility:
  • v1.8.*
Features:
  • Full Tapatalk support!
  • MyAlerts v2.0 support!
  • Support for MyBB group promotion system!
  • Full language support.
  • Turn plugin on/off with a single option.
  • Switch between "Thank You" or "Like" by changing one simple option.
  • Thank Yous/Likes are fully ajax compatible.
  • Customize Thank Yous/Likes for first post of thread only or for all posts.
  • Selectable option to allow/disallow users from removing their Thank Yous/Likes.
  • Exclude forums where you do not want to use the Thank Yous/Likes system.
  • Plugin tracks number of Thank Yous/Likes for users, posts and threads as well as a grand total.
  • Shows Thank Yous/Likes in postbit as well as the user's profile.
  • Counts both the Thanks/Likes given as well as the Thanks/Likes received and the number of posts received in.
  • Finds all threads or posts Thanked/Liked by any particular user as well as threads or posts where a user received thanks/Likes.
  • Thank Yous/Likes list can be made to collapse saving space for boards where threads/posts get alot of Thank Yous/Likes.
  • Sort the Thank Yous/Likes by username or by order of Date/Time Thanked/Liked.
  • Show/Hide Date/Time of Thank You/Like and also set the format of the Date/Time or show date/time on a mouse hover.
  • Works for all modes of views, classic, modern, linear, threaded.
  • Thank Yous/Likes can be recounted and rebuilt if they get out of sync for any reason.
  • Format list of users who have Thanked/Liked according to their display groups or just keep it plain.
  • IPv6 ready and fully supported.
  • Custom css file for easier customization.
  • Option to set like/thank you button only for specific forums.
  • Hide/show thanks/like button/list for specific user groups.
  • Allow/disallow adding like/thanks in closed threads.
  • Popup notification in the top right corner.
  • Recount and rebuild cache in ACP.
  • Customize time and date output settings for Thank You/Likes received under posts.
  • Ability to thank/like own posts with custom settings.
  • Cached templates and minified JS for better site speed.
  • Highlight popular posts with predefined amount of gained thanks/likes.
  • Support for MyBB reputation system.
  • Possibility to display most thanked/liked post in a member profile for every user.
  • Anti-flow protection.
  • Display total thanks/likes from the first post of the thread in your forumdisplay_thread template.
  • Forum excluded from counts
  • Display users' avatars instead of links in thx/like list
  • Coloration of thx/like counter based on amount of received points
  • Detailed stats for every user in a member profile page
  • ...and much more!

Notes:
  • Permissions for if a user can Thank/Like a post is dependant on whether they can post in that thread or not. Guests, however can never thank/like a post regardless of guest post option.
  • Obviously, the post opener will not be able to Thank/Like the post.
  • Deleting a thread/post will remove all its related Thank Yous/Likes and reduce the count for the users who have Thanked/Liked that thread/post.
  • Merging posts will merge the Thank Yous/Likes too removing duplicates and updating counts.
  • Deleting a user will remove all the user's Thank Yous/Likes from all the posts.
  • If you move a thread to a forum that has been set to exclude Thank Yous/likes it will not show any Thank Yous/likes and will not allow adding/removing any Thank Yous/Likes while in that forum. The Thank Yous/Likes will however be preserved so that they will be visible again if the thread is moved out of the excluded forum.
  • If for any reason your stats seem off you can recount the Thank Yous/Likes. Doing so will remove any orphaned Thank Yous/Likes and recount them for each user and post. Orphaned Thank Yous/Likes are those that might have been left behind on a post or user being deleted by not using the mod interface (like directly from the databse for example).
  • To customize the postbit block, you can use the following variables:
  1. $post['tyl_unumtyls']: Number of thanks given
  2. $post['tyl_unumrtyls']: This is fully formatted string (xx in yy posts)
  3. $post['tyl_unumrcvtyls']: Number of thanks received
  4. $post['tyl_unumptyls']: Number of posts in which the thanks were received
------------------------------------------------------------------

[*]Download and Screenshots available on MyBB mod site - HERE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[*]FEEL FREE TO CONTRIBUTE / REPORT BUG OR TELL US YOUR IDEA!

[*]
IF YOU LIKE THIS PLUGIN, PLEASE ADD A "STAR" ON MYBB EXTEND SITE, THANK YOU!
Thats weird, I also added link to GitHub and MyBB mod site with screenshots. I will add them again tommorow

EDIT: The first post was updated, more info will be added soon (instalation, upgrade, etc.)
is this just the original post (the thread post) or can it be any post?
This weekend i review your mod, but only have to say tapatalk was added this mod on his core since 1.6.x revision, many others can be added, by the way i add my thanks systems and make it works but this is on tapatalk core only Big Grin. The only thanks sytem compatible is this because is the most easy and download file.

So @Jefrey tolds on September 18 2014 he add the other thanks system compatibillity wich is 100% compatible with mine, so i have to wait and none 8 releases and nothing yet, i delete tapatalk due a bad functionabillity and some high risk vulnerabilities on code, well it past many time but i want to no use it until works fine to add my own system like the latest time Big Grin

Anyway if i have time i add MyAlerts 2.0 integration, but i dunno because can be add a 1.05 compat or 2.0 i dunno, if someone tell me something about it it's for sure when i have time i add it because it's in development and if the core change have to change all entire code again.

I dunno yet if it' s a good idea but yes in the fact i add a way to implement with 2.0 version of MyAlerts at least if i'm not sick this weekend Big Grin
Thank you @Dark Neo! Yes, many promises from Tapatalk guys never come true so I totally understand you.

There is a huge space for improving this Thank you/like system, I have some really useful idea but my skills are limited and it is not easy to maintain a plugin which was not written by me. Anyway I am trying to improve my knowledge and I see some improvements Smile
So this is compatible with MyAlerts. Is there a script script to convert likes from Simple Like system?
Thanks @Eldenroot
For some reason the people who liked the post wont show up on postbit. This is the code

<div class="post_controls tyllist {$unapproved_shade}">
				{$tyl_expcol} 
				<span id="tyl_title_{$post['pid']}" style="{$tyl_title_display}">{$lang->tyl_title}</span><span id="tyl_title_collapsed_{$post['pid']}" style="{$tyl_title_display_collapsed}">{$lang->tyl_title_collapsed}</span><br />

{$post['thankyoulike']}

</div>
When given the like or remove the like list is not refresh. How i fix that?