MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thats great....works fine. Staff Online showing only admin..how to add mod and super mod?
(2013-01-21, 03:13 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]I don't follow. What is that you are suggesting?
I think he meant, something similar to option 'which script', but with ability to set which thread exacly (and not just all).
It would be possible to add 6th option 'custom' and textbox below to insert comma separated list of thread ids (or even post ids).. which i believe he meant when mentioned uID. So it only show in certain forum (and not all) or even certain thread.
At first it may be hard to understand why someone may need flexibility like this, but when used along with xthreads it make sense.
(with zinga's xThreads plugin one may completly remake forums into galleries, downloads zone, articles ect ect, and then box would show only in this 'thread' with content like list of articles ect... i must say... this sounds... awesome~)

(2013-01-21, 03:29 PM)KingCupid Wrote: [ -> ]Thats great....works fine. Staff Online showing only admin..how to add mod and super mod?
It show, mods and supermods - but it show a person once, and chose his highest privilage to display.
(If it would show superadmin as super mod and mod, it would give false idea that there are 3 persons online.)
so its possible Big GrinBig Grin
(2013-01-21, 03:46 PM)lexy Wrote: [ -> ]so its possible Big GrinBig Grin
I imagine it as 6th option
configuration -> advanced sideboxes -> (option within module) 'Which sidebox' = 'custom' and then below would be textbox with list of comma separated thread/post ids.
I think it would be possible, and personaly i think its awesome idea (it would rock when used with xThreads), but last word about implementing it belongs to Wildcard.
If I want to show admin, mod and super mod...all staff....it is not possible?
(2013-01-21, 03:56 PM)KingCupid Wrote: [ -> ]If I want to show admin, mod and super mod...all staff....it is not possible?
It show x admininstrators, x supermoderators, x moderators ect.
But one person is added only once to group with highest priority to not be visible as multiple persons.

Example : if superadministrator login, it will be visible as 1 superadministrator.
Ofcourse, superadministrator is also supermoderator and moderator,
however if he would be shown in all groups, it would look like 3 staff persons online at once - 1 admin, 1 supermod and 1 moderator. (which is not true. There are still one person online - admin)
But If there are 3 staff...one admin and one mod....it is showing only admin..while they 2 different person....anyway to show them both?

If there is no admin..only mods present...it is showing nothing
Perhaps use cancp as the query filter to find staff online rather than usergroup?
(2013-01-21, 04:16 PM)KingCupid Wrote: [ -> ]If there is no admin..only mods present...it is showing nothing
I understand. Thank you for reporting. We will look into this.

(2013-01-21, 05:05 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps use cancp as the query filter to find staff online rather than usergroup?
From what i remember it do use 'canmodcp', cancp, and so on, but i will look into this anyway.

After investigation - issue identified. Will be fixed in next release.
Thanks for taking up my slack Avril :p

Maybe we can give the admin control over which user groups show on Staff Online box so that custom groups can be added? (Just an idea)

And as for the other proposed change I am not sure i understand the need completely but if Avril can help me to understand exactly what is beig asked for we will certainly give it a shot.

Also (to Avril more than anyone) I am doing another big update to implement a more object-oriented approach to side boxes. The plan is to try to add specific user permissions to each and every sidebox created.

I am also considering eliminating ACP settings for individual modules in favor of using a custom settings window for each sidebox so that admin won't be limited to one set of preferences for each box type and we won't have so many settings piling up in the ACP settings page.

Any thoughts are welcome.